• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new year!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Happy new year!
      Thanks ms! Hope you have a good one

Comment

After a bit of old Police Interceptors whilst dining, tonight's major motion picture premiere was Top Gun: Maverick (2022). This is basically the same film as Top Gun: train hard (i.e. they fly planes a lot), play hard (i.e. they get into arguments at that bar), and then an exciting bit with missiles and stuff chasing the planes. Also Tom Cruise riding a motorcycle without a helmet, a lot. So it's OK, but nothing that special given that we already had the original

Getting an early night now to see in the New Year

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Damply dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.312 Torr, 14.547 psi, (up from 998 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of April 2019 snow was about, covbob had an interview with the NHS re a contract, and NF had a fryup with M&S cumberland sausages.

Walk (abbreviated due to Dan Do on S4C which turned out to be a repeat also the shoes are somewhat leaky) walked in the greyish gloom with hints of wan sunshine.

Jeans and cords and assorted smalls washed and pegged out on the line. Bad luck, but WTF.

Entertainment: 10 minutes of Dan Do.

Lunch: baked potato (large) with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast (Sunflower & pumpkin seed variety), 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more UFO/UAP bollox on Blaze with that Nick Pope chap.

On the Trail of UFOs: Dark Skies: some woman waffling on about UFOs in Virginia, blue ridge mountains, Native American legends.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2023, 13:14.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Happy New Year all

Dull, foggy/misty. Not currently raining and I'm suspicious that none is forecast. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' 0) with a high of 4 expected.

Watched tat on telly with HWMBO and his kids, had a few cocktails. HWMBO is cooking lamb for lunch and then I'll be heading home late afternoon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Clear blue sky here today - well, there seems to be a high haze forming now, but it's pretty sunny

Currently 9°C which is where it will stay, and the shimmy of the conifers suggests it's still quite breezy. Expected to cloud over towards mid-afternoon, but it seems no rain is planned. The barometers continue bouncing back at 994/1002mB

Comment

Bedding wash on. New Year, clean bedding!

Not just at New Year, of course

Comment

Ooooer, Mrs, doing the washing on New Year's Day. .

Meanwhile back on the 4th of April 2019, NF opined that it was "cold & rainy". Or maybe "rainy & cold". YMMV.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2023, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Morning.

Sunday.

Damply dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.312 Torr, 14.547 psi, (up from 998 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of April 2019 snow was about, covbob had an interview with the NHS re a contract, and NF had a fryup with M&S cumberland sausages.

Walk (abbreviated due to Dan Do on S4C which turned out to be a repeat also the shoes are somewhat leaky) walked in the greyish gloom with hints of wan sunshine.

Jeans and cords and assorted smalls washed and pegged out on the line. Bad luck, but WTF.

Entertainment: 10 minutes of Dan Do.

Lunch: baked potato (large) with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast (Sunflower & pumpkin seed variety), 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more UFO/UAP bollox on Blaze with that Nick Pope chap.

On the Trail of UFOs: Dark Skies: some woman waffling on about UFOs in Virginia, blue ridge mountains, Native American legends.
                    Oh good, it's doing that again again.

Managed to doze through the West Virginia thing. .

Oh, Nick Pope is back with "Extraordinary Revelations". More lunes.

In other other news, Wheeler Dealers is now featuring on DMAX, which may or may not be available to NF in his new pad.

I'm still beaming in & out of this UFO nonsense on Blaze. the seems to overcome me rather regularly. . Oh. Clifford E. Stone has popped his clogs. The Truth is Out There.

Washing in off the line & in the TD.

Back to back eps of Encounter: UFO.

Tea: lentil soup (Heinz not my tasteless crap) with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The Bad Luck (washing on New Year's Day type) has struck: dropped the first slice of toast & had to make another.

Entertainment: Encounter: UfO: alien abduction. Aviation encounters.

Encounter: UFO: Mass sightings

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E13: lady with a remarkably large bump on her upper arm. Stone me, that's a biiiig lipoma. Chap with a patch on his shin and a patch on his arm: ?granuloma annulare?: punch biopsy on his arm & his shin: turns out it's necrobiosis lipoidica. Chap with a "mushroom" growing somewhere embarrassing: it's a big seborrhoeic keratosis.

Encounter UFO: Visitations

Dr Pimplepopper S3 E14: lady with a bump on her forehead ?dermoid cyst? extracted successfully. Chap with a lump on his butt: he gets liposuction. Lady with a stinky zit under her breast.

Encounter: UFO: Hot spots.

Encounter: UFO: Physical contact.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2023, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Oh good, it's doing that again again.

Managed to doze through the West Virginia thing. .

Oh, Nick Pope is back with "Extraordinary Revelations". More lunes.

In other other news, Wheeler Dealers is now featuring on DMAX, which may or may not be available to NF in his new pad.
                      I'll have to investigate that once I've got the desk and iMac set up

I do indeed have DMAX here, but it looks like they're showing a load of recently-repeated ones all over again

Meanwhile, the clean bedding is almost dry, the bed is airing, and the InstantPot™ is at work creating zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup

And in the midst of all that I've also found time to finish reading There is No Antimemetics Division and Valuable Humans in Transit by qntm, which I've read before on his website and/or the SCP wiki, but which he's also published in on-demand hardback

I'd forgotten, or not realised, that qntm is also responsible for Absurdle, a Wordle variant in which the target word changes depending on your guesses while remaining consistent with the results for previous guesses, and Hatetris, a Tetris variant in which the next piece is always the worst piece for the current state of the game

Comment

Working...
                      X