• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery done!

Now, time to assemble…

Comment

Off to the beach shortly.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and clear again. It was -1 when I got up and now it's 1 degree with a high of 3 expected. Much frost outside, so I won't be going there. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

A go / no-go this morning was a no-go but I'd already managed expectations on that one so no-one was surprised. Another busy day beckons comprising staring at spreadsheets to decipher what's wrong with them. The one I'm on has 51k rows and 50+ columns so lots of data points to assess, categorise and it keeps crashing because of the forumlae / conditional formatting I've put in place to make it quicker to play spot the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Delivery done!

Now, time to assemble…

I like assembling flat pack furniture.

Comment

Yet another boring DIY morning but nice & sunny for loony lady 1 walk soon.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Very pleasant walk along the beach, then dropped a load of books off at a charity shop. Lunch was cauliflower soup. Now got a list of garden tasks, including chopping wood.

Comment

So, the sofa (including chaise tongue section) is almost complete, except yesterday's DPD delivery was missing an item - the cover for one of the arm sections

Ah well, the chaise longue section can be used standalone. But as my back has started grumbling after a morning manhandling big pieces of sofa, I've come back home for a break. If I'd stayed there, I would have just ended up trying to assemble the bed or something, and made it worse

The delivery chaps were very helpful, first ferrying the bits to the hall, then bringing them up in the lift and dumping them in the rooms I requested. I'd forgotten just how heavy one of those big Billy bookcases is when packed

After everything was in, I popped round the corner to the local bakery for a bacon cob, and ended up getting a rather nice sausage roll as well which I just had for lunch

Comment

Lunch was beans on toast (the Heinz Five Beanz variety).

Comment

After a bit of a hunt around the site I found the Ikea chatbot, which quickly gave up and handed me off to a chathuman, though it took about ten minutes for one to become available. Anyway, once they'd arrived, they sorted out the missing cover problem straight away and it should be arriving on Saturday

Comment

Logs chopped, should see us through to new year, but I’ll do some more tomorrow, or after the ski trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X