• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm hoping this anaesthetic wears off soon as I'm quite peckish, having only had a Greggs sausage roll (home baked) for lunch. Might get something from the fancy chippy by way of celebration
    Tea has indeed been fish and chips, and very nice too

I was going to walk, but it's down to 5°C out there. Luckily, that chippy is just far enough away that I don't feel bad for driving there instead

Comment

Got almost the complete set of The Pan Book of Horror Stories series and had a look online for the missing one.There's some crazy prices for some of them, is my 22nd book really worth £216 ?????
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car was some Volkswagen that's a different shape to a normal Volkswagen, and the gold hunters were largely missed while I went to the chip shop. Then I took a break from TV.

The failing gold hunters show then turned out to be quite interesting, because it involved some new(ish) ideas

And then I ended up watching an absolute shedload of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

TBH I've spent most of the night realising how stressed I'd been over the New Flat shenanigans, and how much less stressed I am now it's all sorted

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and grey out. Damp looking but not raining. Currently 6 degrees and that's the high for the day.

The co-working place I tried yesterday was pretty good but I left it at lunchtime and headed back to the hotel. It was a bit on the chilly side and I'm not quite over my cold.

As the room hadn't been made up, I worked from the hotel bar in seating not designed to encourage people to linger over a laptop. But it was warm and they do a very nice hot chocolate.

Dinner was at a local restaurant and then tried a so-called gin bar that was trying to be something it isn't. Then onto a proper gin bar we first encountered on Sunday evening.

This morning, my cold appears to have relapsed a little and I'm not feeling great.

Comment

Morning all
              CBS, etc, mist in the valley, etc. Crisply autumnal, although lots of trees still have their leaves.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp with no current precipitation.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.81 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 76% RH (horsehair), 69% RH (Lidl).

Tuesday.

Last night I dreamed not of Manderley, but rather of Aliens. . More Specifically in General: the acid dripping kind.

Meanwhile back on the 11th of March 2019 I'd combined lentil <pfffft> soup and sprouts for a remarkably fragrant result, NF posted a link explaining the curious nature of the Japanese electrickery system, half being 50Hz, the other half being 60Hz, and Xogg expressed some liking for a Ricky Gervais comedy on Netflix that I'm fortunate enough never to have the facility or opportunity to watch.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the state of the railways. TWAO.

<taps screen> Is this thing borked again?

Goodness me. Two emails from an agent. Who'd have thunk? Maybe he's too dense to figure out how old I am. .

It's "medical". I don't do "medical", being much too risk averse for that. Had 3 weeks at a place the other side of Cardiff working on some sort of surgical device. 3 weeks was more than enough & I walked.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Not nearly as warm as earlier.

Freecell score: 100% (of 11), running average 85% (85.04%).

Tea: battered haddock (or maybe cod), the last of the peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (if such it might be defined being saturated with some association football match or other): PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E12 1971 Chevy C/10 long wheelbase pickup truck with a 350 cu in Turbo engine (though I didn't notice any turbochargers). Bought: $12k5, Total: $19,350, Sold: $20,250. Another bargain for someone. Holley 4 barrel removed, replaced with 4 barrel fuel injection, lowered suspension, hydraulic power brakes (who knew that was a thing?), aircon, adjustable rake steering, and a 4 speed overdrive auto gearbox change. So that's wot the inside of the torque converter looks like. .

Ghosts US S1 E5 The halloween one.

Maigret S4 E1 "Poor Cecile". Not one of the finest, but adequate.

The Rookie S2 E19 "The Q word". Altogether now <sing> YMCA </sing> Not that or even "In the Navy". But rather "quisling" at a guess. Wrong! The Q word is "Quiet" as in "It's a quiet shift". Ooops.

Thing on BBC4 about Science Fiction & Robots. "I've seen things", "Sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that", "I'll be back", etc.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2022, 23:29.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out and a mere 4°C even at this late hour, though in theory it should get to 6° by sunset

I'm having to switch to a different agency for the new ClientGov gig (having obtained the permission of the previous one to ignore an onerous clause in their contract) and this new lot are treating me like a newcomer, along with trying to follow procedures they apparently devised in Dickensian times. I now have to explain to them that nobody has paper bills any more, and I certainly don't as I only bought my address yesterday. There's also no need for me to do the whole BPSS clearance procedure as I already have SC clearance, which they'd know if they'd bothered to check. I can only assume they had to leave that one in as otherwise it would have messed up the numbering of the list in their standard email, and it's not as if there's some kind of IT consultant they could find out there to explain how to do lists that renumber automatically in Outlook

Comment

Afternoon All

METAR COR EGFF 291520Z 08007KT 0600 R12/1300D FG OVC002 05/04 Q1020

COR = correction (which I've not seen posted before)

Visibility is 600m but 1300m in the direction of runway 12 - I'd say that's ambitious at best.

Comment

Tea: pork chops, chips and beans. Lovely

Comment

Working...
                      X