• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been a nice big fry-up

Accompanied by an episode of Time Team in which they recovered a Spitfire Mk. I that was shot down in Northern France early in WWII

Comment

I don't know what I did but I managed to break my one page website. So I just deleted it all and started again.

Caught up on the You're Dead To Me podcast.

Bed made just in time.

HWMBO is away indoctrinating people into the church of TOGAF. They've moved the venue and he's very happy with his new accomodation.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The fire's on for the first time in a good while
        No need for that down south (yet)

Comment

Evening all

TNCB 112055Z 07015KT 040V100 9999 SCT020 SCT024 31/25 Q1011

Today’s diving was Tori”s reef, Angel city and Oil slick leap. Only saw two other people in the water the whole day. There was one site we wanted to dive but the Americans all arrived yesterday and there were dozens of them there so we just continued on elsewhere . Hopefully it’ll calm down tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

No need for that down south (yet)
            I didn't need it on for long; just enough to warm the place up. TBH it wasn't even cold, it just felt a touch chilly by contrast with recent times

Comment

Suppose I'd better get an early night - I want to start early tomorrow to get the thing I'm working on finished off, and I've got to finish early to go and view the flat.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A cloudy start is rapidly developing into a sunny start, not helped by the sun rising over the buildings opposite. Currently 17°C with a tropical 24° expected later, though possibly accompanied by some rain. But the barometers are back down a bit, at 1004/1011mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You underestimate what's in NF's freezer...
                  Just as well it's not that Zeity chap's freezer.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Slightly warmer at 20.2 deg.

1006.5 mBar, 29.72 in Hg, 754.94 Torr, 14.598 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 74% RH.

Monday.

for no readily discernible reason.

Telex machine doing its thing.

Meanwhile back in 24th December 2018 the Xmas eve preps were underway, with NF preparing to take his iMac south with him and I'd been to that Swansea for an Xmas eve dinner.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Frost Tapes with that Maurice Micklewhite chap.

Then Y&Y which went <click> remarkably quickly.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the remarkable humidity and incipient rain which started getting serious just as I got home.

Some further potching on the electric field mill: the opto sensor now detects the position of the vanes. It was a major potch to get it to work though.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E10: Rover P5B: a gentleman's motor carriage & no mistake. Someone had taken the twin SUs off and replaced them with a 4 barrel carb & manifold, so Edd had stainless steel headers made: my guess was £1500, but they came in at £1600. All TIG welded. The steering box was refurbished and new carpets fitted (a very reasonable £312 for bespoke carpets, seemed quite reasonable).

MOT ran out in June 2018. Looking at the MOT history it passed MOTs successfully for years then got a lot of failures.

The Sweeney S2 E12 "Country Boy": the abducted Telephone Engineer one where the slags are setting off alarms all over the district by tapping into the leased lines to the police station. Bet those don't exist anymore. .

The Oak Island nutjobbery: they find, you guessed it, Yet More Wood, and a piece of metal which the X ray fluorescence machine says has 0.68% Au in it. Gary nearly did his dance. Also a ringpull. And a chunk of wood from the swamp that looks like one of the sides of a deckchair.

Thw Sweeney S2 E10 "Trojan Bus": the "Australians" return. The art theft one with Lynda Bellingham.

With the lack of the new ep of Wheeler Dealers which seems to have disappeared: The Vietnam War E9 "A disrespectful Loyalty": the one with Kim Phuc being half fried with napalm..

Oh, it's Tricky Dicky with "There is no whitewash in the White House" and very special plumbers.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2022, 21:44.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    After a very enjoyable weekend with 6 old friends, it's back to work today.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with fluff. 19 degrees at present with a high of 24 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

I have a feeling today will be a busy day. And I've just remembered that I didn't post a birthday card.

Comment

Working...
                      X