• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon!

Well, who’d have thought it? I’ve accepted a couple of weeks works to help out an old client.

it will keep me in beer and ciggies for a while, so all good.

I’m not going to read up this weekend, I’ll wing it on Monday. Back to the contractor’s mentality.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Afternoon!

Well, who’d have thought it? I’ve accepted a couple of weeks works to help out an old client.

it will keep me in beer and ciggies for a while, so all good.

I’m not going to read up this weekend, I’ll wing it on Monday. Back to the contractor’s mentality.
      Boooooomed!

I was tickled to death by her next door but one who's just become "self employed" and was feeling guilty about charging for reading the clients documents on her first day.

She'll learn.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy out but not in a gloomy overcast way. Currently 21°Ç so mild too. The barometers are bouncing back at 1009/1016mB

Orangutan school is just starting on the telly

Comment

Oh great, the day of the Queen's funeral will be a Bank Holiday. That's a day's invoicing out the window!

Comment

In the chip shop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the chip shop
              Very nice too

Comment

Visit to the parentals done. My Dad's brother and one of his sons turned up first (they were there when I arrived) and then one of my Mum's sisters, her husband and eldest son turned up.

Funnily enough all felt that they should go out for lunch either mid-visit or pre-visit and none offered to take my Mum for lunch. I'm quite grumpy about that.

As Mum therefore didn't have any opportunity to eat until gone 4pm after they had all left, I made sure she had something to eat before I headed home.

Dad was absolutely knackered by they time they had all sodded off. Apparently none of them realised just how ill he is and so were shocked by the state of him. Have to admit he was looking quite rough today but my brother had warned me of that a couple of days ago.

Back home, HWMBO has cooked west African food for our date night dinner.

Comment

ladymuck you need to update your sig - it appears your walk around Windsor has been postponed because of a local resident passing away

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    ladymuck you need to update your sig - it appears your walk around Windsor has been postponed because of a local resident passing away
                    This is true. It has been put back to 2 October.

Comment

Evening all

TNCB 102155Z 08017KT 060V120 9999 SCT018 30/25 Q1011

Geetings from sunny Bonaire. 2nd day of diving done - 1st was a wreck named Hilma Hooker. It usually really busy but all the Americans fly home on Saturday so we had the whole thing to ourselves. 2nd was Alice in Wonderland and 3rd was the house reef. It’s 18:30 so will be pitch black in 15 minutes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilma_Hooker

Comment

Working...
                      X