• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's turned into a lovely afternoon so I put the bed linen outside for a waft in the sunshine.

I really need to get a washing line.

Comment

Between the showers, some windfalls were collected, then some eaters were picked off one of the trees, to give to a neighbour. That was followed by a bit of frittering in the shed (cleaning, oiling, mending, etc…), then putting up a new blind in the kitchen. It took 4 drill bits to get through the concrete lintel at one end, but the blind is now in place, so The WifeTM is happy.
      Scrumpy is bubbling nicely in the office, and my re-potted ginger has gone up another few cms during the day.

Time for happy hour.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        METAR EGFF 041020Z AUTO 17008KT 140V200 9999 BKN022 BKN032 20/16 Q1012=

Wordle - done
        worldle - done
        Heardle - done
        Nerdle - done
        Phrazle - done
        Globle - done
        I like doing Worldle in the morning then the DT Plusword. Don't think I'l bother with others, esp wordle & Globle. Always rubbish at geography, only O level I failed. Kilimanajjaro is somewhere in Wales in't it?

Tired but quite nice PM in village club yacking with next door neighbour. We used be enemies way back.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Towels done and draped

Our 100% rain doesn't seem to have happened. But there's supposed to be some tonight, and possible thunderstorm action tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Tea has been ham, pea and lentil soup with a couple of wholemeal crusts. Very nice

Comment

Bins trundled, now TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's viewing has just been an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Early night now, for tomorrow is apparently going to be Monday and we don't get this one off

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny on occasion.

Cool at 21 deg in here.

1008.5 mBar, 29.78 in Hg, 756.4 Torr, 14.63 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 72% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine is glowing particularly brightly this morning Roy.

Meanwhile back in 17th December 2018, the car was being readied for the MOT, while NF had discovered that an earlier powercut had fried two of his Tb drives.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away. Even managed to remember the red pepper for the chilli con carne.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and occasional pick of rain.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

So there we are then: Doomed(tm): Truss-ed up like a bunch of Xmas turkeys. It's obviously The End Times.

Some minor potching with sealant around the sink: I am totally incompetent at this, more ended up in the bin than where it was supposed to go. And it takes 3 to 5 days to cure? WTF?

Some minor potching with the electric field mill: several holes drilled in the pcb with the pcb drill once it had been unseized up from lack of use. The spindle lock was particularly problematic. Then, once it was done, I broke the 0.8 mm tungsten carbide drill.

House roughly vacced. The vac seemed particularly enthusiastic today. I could only just push the damn thing around the floor it was sucking so hard.

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, the last of the fruit cocktail, yogless, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E5 AMC Pacer: one of the ugliest cars ever. Edd spent a fortune doing it up & they lost a fair amount of money on it.

I don't think I've ever seen one, though I think I saw an AMC Gremlin about 40 years ago. Equally ugly.

The Sweeney S1 E11 "Big Spender": the one with Warren Mitchell in drag, a sight to be seen. . Peter Glaze was in it as a bookie. Crackerjack!

Oak Island Nutjobbery S9(?) E1. Having found silver last year it's onwards & downwards for our heroes. Sitting here shouting at the idiots.

Feck me, they've finally got an X ray fluorescence machine to identify stuff: the "gold" cogwheel is, wait for it, brass. .

The Canadian Government have finally woken up to the mess this lot are making and have decided they must use rather more archaeological approach to the excavations rather than the JCB method previously employed.

Testing the water in the multiplicity of boreholes for dissolved gold, of which only F1 has gold and silver.

Gary finds an assortment of modern nails, a chunk of spiral twisted lead of curious construction, and an iron band which the tame blacksmith chap reckons was used to keep the centre of a wooden wheel in one piece.

Then they found some pottery, blue & white in the latest bit of swamp digging, some chunks of wood, and a long piece of turned wood with a square end "must be a piece of a ship" quoth Gary.

In the latest boreholes: lots of clay and, wait for it, some wood.

Some guy turned up with some photos from the 1920s/30s before all the trees grew up that shows the remains of what might be another piece of the road from the swamp towards the money pit.

In "later on in this season" it turns out they find some "native artefacts" which really screws the pooch & the gov stops them digging in certain places.

Oh, and a gold coin of Spanish origin.

There we are, now we know that we don't need to watch any more of this stuff. .
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 September 2022, 22:12.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, but I was awoken by a thunderstorm overnight!

It must have been around half two or three, I reckon. I managed to stay as close to asleep as possible, and it passed over quite quickly. Lot of rain though, and the ground is still looking rather damp out

It's currently 16°C and expected to soar to 25° later, and the barometers are up a little at 1008/1015mB. No more rain expected until tonight

Comment

Morning all

Sunny yet cloudy. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 23 expected. My Met Office app is undecided as to whether there is rain/thunderstorms expected this afternoon. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Lovely big thunderstorm last night (much thunder and lightning with rain) around half one.

Back to work today. My inbox wasn't trashed, which is exactly how I like things to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X