• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 demijohns of cider bubbling away in the office.
    7 litres of juice bottled up (some of it frozen) from the windfalls in the last 2 days.

Might pick some apples tomorrow, but for now, TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No time to spare for a premiere tonight, as the major motion picture repeat was Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021). It takes some effort to fill four hours of film with stuff worth watching, but they did a good job of it with this one, I reckon

And then S1E3 of The Thick of It just to pad things out

Goodnight all

Comment

Apart from BBC text news while slurping me breakfast and Simpsons while eating me dinner, don't usually watch much TV. Mostly bullwarks but occasionally find thing I like. In evenings last week or so been doing an hour of either Sister Boniface or Whitechapel on catchup on me ROKU stick.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 21.1 deg.

1005.5 mBar, 29.69 in Hg, 754.2 Torr, 14.58 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile back in 16th December 2018 NF was cooking stuff whilst MS and I were .

No Paddy on BH this morning, Naughtie instead, I thought I'd slept through to this afternoon & his book programme.

<click> happened in anticipation of the theme tune up next.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: Morrisons beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Food Programme, not that I'm actually listening to it.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85%.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85% (84.898%).

Curse of Skinwalker Ranch: S2 E6 "Skin Deep". Nearly as bolloxy bollox as the Ancient Aliens bolloxy bollox, but not quite as bolloxy bollox as the Blinded Frog lot which takes bolloxy bollox to a whole new level in a fecking big hole full of water.

Raining now & it's not taking prisoners.

Still haven't decided what to have for tea.

Maybe I should have a look in the freezer for sommat.

Found some lentil <pfffft> soup, made 20th May 2020, which eventually defrosted, no bread (had all that with the beans for lunch), some frut cocktail, a yog (BBE 28/8), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Curse of Skinwalker Ranch: the one with the Tesla Coil to see if shocking "it" gets a response, followed by the rockets one to see if shooting rockets at it gets a response, and finally flying a helicopter about it to see if gets a response.

You've got to be a mad billionaire to pay for this stuff. .

The Sweeney S1 E8 "Cover Story" (continued because the first five minuts bored me, the remainder even more so): slow, little action, and not very inneresting.

The Sweeney S1 E9 "Golden Boy" with that Dudley Sutton and John Nolan (who I thought seemed familiar: 35 years later he was in Person of Interest): more action, pretty good.

The Sweeney S1 E10 "Stoppo Driver": car chase, Benny from Crossroads, Nichola Padgett as a gangster's moll (do they still have them? Just askin' like). Jack's regular driver is replaced with a temp.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2022, 21:46.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Wet & windy here. No gardening for a couple of hours at least.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mostly weekend on me tod for a change. Ony brief encounter with loony lady 1 yesterday as she was volunteering at NT place. May wander up village club this afternoon.

Slight problem. There's a lady's cardigan left in my car, prob. loony lady 1. But if I give it to her and it's not hers I'm in trouble. I'll have to pretend it's mine as I like dressing up as a lady.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

METAR EGFF 041020Z AUTO 17008KT 140V200 9999 BKN022 BKN032 20/16 Q1012=

Wordle - done
                worldle - done
                Heardle - done
                Nerdle - done
                Phrazle - done
                Globle - done

This afternoon's entertainment will be a trip to Ice Arena Wales to watch the mighty Cardiff Devils take on the Nottingham Panthers in the final pre-season friendly game of Ice Hockey.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day out, 22° and maybe getting to 23°, and rain expected (100%) this evening. The barometers are back up though, at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Afternoon all

Overcast. 22 degrees. No rain forecast but some of those clouds are a bit grey. Barometer up to 1012 mBar.

Bed stripped and laundering ongoing.

Crazy tier points run with an eclectic FlyerTalk group booked for next year. Now trying to figure out how to get a status upgrade out of BA before the end of the year.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 4 September 2022, 15:53. Reason: typo

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

And a towel wash (light-coloured) is on

Comment

Working...
                      X