• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all.

Just cooking a Sunday roast chicken after a gap of 2 months.

I must remember to put the yorkshires in straight after I get the chicken out.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Afternoon all,

METAR EGFF 281550Z AUTO 06008KT 9999 NCD 22/10 Q1021=

Went for a hike up Machen Mountain today however the route was based on an old route my wife was given a copy of - I reckon it's a good ten years old and so some of the route markers no longer exist

Intended distance was 5 miles, actual was 7 giving us a 'quiet time factor'* of 40%

*Additional walking time during which I absolutely do not suggest that we may in fact be lost.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy but mild out, currently 21°C, may make it to 22°. The barometers have ceased their shilly-shallying and gone up slightly, to 1014/1022mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Meanwhile in the depths of 10th December 2018, someone had asked if there were any 40 pin DIL wirewrap sockets available about 3 months after they were all thrown away, whilst NF was dismayed to find a software upgrade had bricked his Mac, and the shwarma place had dispensed a chicken whatever instead of the lamb thing he'd ordered.
          That may be why I've never been back, despite it being directly across the road. But they do a good trade over there, staying busy even through lockdown. Diligent about cleaning too - they're there for at least an hour after closing every night, scrubbing the place from top to bottom

Comment

Tea has been a lovely big fry-up

Accompanied by S8E5 of Time Team, in which they seek a lost early railway viaduct in the industrial landscape of Blaenavon

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Afternoon all,

METAR EGFF 281550Z AUTO 06008KT 9999 NCD 22/10 Q1021=

Went for a hike up Machen Mountain today however the route was based on an old route my wife was given a copy of - I reckon it's a good ten years old and so some of the route markers no longer exist

Intended distance was 5 miles, actual was 7 giving us a 'quiet time factor'* of 40%

*Additional walking time during which I absolutely do not suggest that we may in fact be lost.
              Excellent!

I completed 13 miles on Tuesday walking from Bakewell to Longnor. It took me longer to get there and back via the buses than it did on the actual walk.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tea has been a lovely big fry-up

Accompanied by S8E5 of Time Team, in which they seek a lost early railway viaduct in the industrial landscape of Blaenavon
                I remember that one. Weren't they digging up slag or somesuch?

Meanwhile back on 11th December 2018 NF Had A Bad Ear (what's this 'ere ear?) but had managed to unbrick his Mac & had no unfortunate results from the consumption of said chicken thing.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2022, 21:56.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Amongst other things, 12l of apple juice pressed out of windfalls today.
                  Tomorrow I may start picking apples.

For now, TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I remember that one. Weren't they digging up slag or somesuch?
                    And a lot of modern rubbish that had been buried all over the site too. They ended up finding the thing they were looking for in the last couple of hours of the final day, at the bottom of a twelve metre deep pit they'd dug that was too dangerous to go down, so they were only able to show any of it by lowering a camera down on a stick

Further viewing was a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Meanwhile back on 11th December 2018 NF Had A Bad Ear (what's this 'ere ear?)
                    And again. But it's distinctly better today than it has been. The main problem now is that the inflammation has triggered massive overproduction of ear wax, so I'm effectively deaf on my right side and will have to spend several days squirting olive oil down there in an attempt to dislodge it

But at least it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Raining. 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected. Rain doesn't look like it'll stop any time soon.

Tired this morning. We have a nice lunch booked in Chinatown and after that, I'm not sure what bar we'll end up in. Last day in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                      X