• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was procured and inhaled from a local dim sum shop and now I'm flumped in the hotel room.

It's been a very nice day and we only got caught in one rain shower.

Comment

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken and fries with lashings of ketchup

Bet you can't get that in the fancy restaurants of Singapore

Though maybe you can - wasn't there something about chicken nuggets in Crazy Rich Asians?

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all (0920 here)

Cloudy but dry. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 forecast. Rain expected this afternoon.

Using breakfast time to plan what we will do today. Maybe a mooch around the marina gardens and some sight seeing.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Absolute Power (1997) in which Clint Eastwood plays a burglar who accidentally sees a murder for which the President of the USA is responsible - but who will believe him?

Of course nowadays loads of people would, because they'd just assume it was Trump he was talking about and we all know about him. Anyway, not the best film Mr. Eastwood has been in, but it's a serviceable enough thriller and I quite enjoyed it; a fair few clichés and a hole in the plot here and there, but good performances all round save it

And then a rewatch of Atomic Blonde (2017) because I haven't watched that in a while (probably a few months) and it's good

I think the ear is starting to get better because when I blow my nose on that side I have pain from the eustachian tube but not excruciating pain, and it's popping a bit more which suggests it might be clearing up a bit in there

Oh, and having stripped the bed and left it to air this afternoon, I remembered to make it up again before settling down for the evening rather than having an unpleasant surprise when I came to bed, so that counts as a win I think

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Using breakfast time to plan what we will do today. Maybe a mooch around the marina gardens and some sight seeing.
            Don't forget to check out the crazy rich chicken nuggets!

Goodnight all

Comment

We had a wander around the Gardens by the Bay. The sun came out and it was far too hot. Bring back the clouds! Now hiding in the Marina Bay Sands shopping mall where there is air conditioning and having a cooling (non-alcoholic) beverage before heading off to find a microbrewery that has a roof terrace.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Absolute Power (1997) in which Clint Eastwood plays a burglar who accidentally sees a murder for which the President of the USA is responsible - but who will believe him?
                  I've yet to achieve watching that, I get about 10 minutes in & turn it off, despite possessing it on cassette (recorded off air) and the requisite two dvds.

And then a rewatch of Atomic Blonde (2017) because I haven't watched that in a while (probably a few months) and it's good
                  BTVS and Alias on steroids. What's not to like?

I think the ear is starting to get better because when I blow my nose on that side I have pain from the eustachian tube but not excruciating pain, and it's popping a bit more which suggests it might be clearing up a bit in there
                  Fingers crossed.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 20.4 deg.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Meanwhile in the BeforeTimes of 10th December 2018 it was the last Monday of term and the NF schwarma emporium had opened as foretold.

Goodness me, I've just discovered that Wheeler Dealers is on from 08:00 to 15:00 today. More grease and oil than a sensible person could possibly cope with.

Shopping trip to Morrisons on a Saturday to celebrate the BH, duly dusted washed dried sanitised and put away.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S4 E2 P reg (76) Porsche 911: no MOT since 2012.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & scrambled egg, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast that burned because my attention was on the above, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E5 Triumph Stag 1973 (L): still taxed & MOTed. Changed the rad & hoses, hood & frame, front bumper, fixed oil leaks engine & diff.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E12 Triumph TR6 (75 N) which had Carburretors (according to Edd whereas it's got the Lucas Prince of Darkness mechanical fuel injection system). Did a lead free conversion on the head (so that's how they do it ), changed the Lucas PoD fuel pump, repaired the petrol tank by soldering lead patches here & there, replaced the hood fabric. no tax since June 2020. No MOT status.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E10: 2000 Porsche 996 with that Ant chap. Watched it before. Replacement IMS bearing on the engine.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which I met a chap who used to commute to the metropolis of Swansea on the same train as I did, but now uses the card on the buses instead (like I did).

Tea: spag with fiery bol (penultimate portion), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dan Do (with subtitles & a lady doing sign language (presumably Yng Nghymraeg)).

Ancient Aliens: more unutterable bollox, this time about dinosaurs. Why do they think that carbon dating is any use whatsofeckingever for dating something 65 My old?

Oh, and there's dino tracks with human footprints.

Oh, and the extinction was caused by, you guessed it, Ancient Aliens. All the "Researches" think it's so.

During tea had a magnificent visual aura, all zigzaggy and flashing. Haven't had one of those for years. It seems to have gone now.

A prog on 5 about that obnoxious git Noel Edmunds. He's in NZ now, apparently.

Alias S5 E14 "I see dead people": the one where Sloane sees & talks with his dead daughter and Sydney goes undercover.

Alias S5 E15 "No Hard Feelings": Sark's back & he & Sydney get banged up in an Italian gaol in search of the ultimate Rambaldi artifact.

2 eps to go, though the presence of two more dvds in the case sort of suggests that there's more commentaries and goof takes & the like, plus one of the dvds is red rather than the pale green of the other 29.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 August 2022, 22:48.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, though there are supposed to be sunny spells. Currently 22° and may reach the dizzying heights of 23° before teatime, while the barometers are steady at 1012/1020mB

The ear is a little improved, but still hurts

Comment

Hotdog for lunch

And the mundane laundry is on

Meanwhile, on the telly, there's a thing about an orangutan school in the jungle somewhere

Comment

Working...
                      X