• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There was a a new Police Interceptors to watch whilst dining

And the major motion picture premiere, Free With Prime™, was The Founder (2016) in which Ray Kroc nicks the idea for McDonald's from the McDonald brothers. I though it was pretty interesting

Early night now, for there is an Antipodean Zoom call in the morning

Goodnight all
    Yes definitely worth a watch. The twist is quite good.

He was also in Spotlight which was horrifying.

I have Dopesick awaiting my pleasure.

Just finished parallel on Prime which was a good multiverse exploration.

Just watching Split Second with Rutger Hauer.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been pork chops with chips and beans

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I have Dopesick awaiting my pleasure.
        I thought that was very good indeed

Comment

91% humidity outside

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Camaro which they shipped back from the US. Currently taxed until next June

Then some more Police Interceptors whilst dining

And then the opal hunters faced their usual problems, some just the luck of the draw, some self-inflicted. Tip: if you're going to hit rocks with a hammer, maybe wear googles so you don't end up with a big chip of the stuff in your eye

Finally, Australian lorry drivers. Not as entertaining as the gold and opal people because a lot of it is just people driving lorries, though they get stuck in the outback occasionally to give the camera crew something to film

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, which makes a nice change. Currently 16°C which seems a bit high, but no worse than 23° expected, and a high probability (up to 100%) of rain this evening and into the night. The barometers are defying expectations by going back up a bit, to 999/1006mB

Comment

Morning all

Bright out with blue sky interrupting lumps of fluff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 later. Barometer up to 1007 mBar. I don't think there was any further rain overnight but there is more forecast from mid-morning to mid-afternoon with chance of thunderstorms thrown in.

I omitted to report that bins had been trundled: general waste, food waste and garden waste. Garden was collected around 7am. Food waste wasn't collected last week so that's a bit ripe.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 17 August 2022, 06:48.

Comment

Morning all
                  RAIN!

Very heavy around 2.30am, now light rain. a few more months of this and the gras will be damp.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Sunless.

Damp.

Cooler in here at 22.7 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.59 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.533 psi, (up from 1001 last night), 68% RH.

Tuesday.

And back in the mysts of 30th November 2018, by great good luck I'd missed the opportunity of buying my nephew & his wife dinner and NF had his car washed by modern slaves in Sainsbury's Car Park, plus MS had resigned from something.

Oh, and the saga of the refurb of the deceased parents' house was reaching somewhat of a crisis point with the builder about to go bust.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unpleasant closeness of the morning. It rained on me a little. Very little. So little that it was barely perceptible.

TV Times purchased, more from force of habit than of any utility it provides.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and Morrisons baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Rutherford & Fry waffling on about attention. Mildly inneresting.

House roughly vacced in a half hearted sort of way with much irritation since I cleaned the filter by banging against the garden wall with the usual result that the vac will now stick quite happily to the ceiling again.

It's raining quite heavily.

If I could be arsed I'd have a bonfire to celebrate.

Freecell score: 86% running average 85%.

Tea: breaded haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Salvage Hunters: turning a Morris Traveller into something with a basket weave paint job. .

Wheeler Dealers S11 E7 Amphicar: feck me that needed a bit of fettling, sheet metal repair and welding up. It was maximally funny when it broke down on the Thames due to a gearbox bearing failure.

Weatherman Walking Cadair Idris and Craig Y Nos Country Park, just over by there, you can almost see it from here, there's tidy then.

Alias S4 E16 "Another Mr Sloane": the doppelganger appears again.

The Rookie S2 E4 "Warriors and Guardians": our hero gets a new Training Officer who's got a gold ticket for undercover ops.

The 2nd part of the Ron Jeremy Hyatt thing. An unpleasant chap who appears to have dementia of some sort.

The last half hour of some curious conspiracy theory programme on That's TV about JFK.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2022, 22:48.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lots of lovely rain. It's not falling too heavily so hopefully it's getting chance to soak in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X