• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO arrived back earlier this evening. We went to see Nope at the local cinema. Very good it was too. From the same director who did Get Out (on my to see list) and Us (excellent film).
    Get Out is exceptionally good IMHO, and I have Us lined up for when I'm in the appropriate mood to watch it

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Good Will Hunting (1997) which is one of those that everybody's seen but I hadn't. I did wonder as some early scenes seemed very familiar, but realised that it's just because those are the bits that show up in clips. Very good, I thought

And then a rewatch of Argo (2012), the film of the film that wasn't a film but a CIA cover story. This has popped up in Monday Links twice, once for an article about the CIA backstory, and also for the actual CIA files which are now declassified. But it seems I didn't record my first viewing here in TPD; most remiss of me

Anyway, it's very good indeed

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Mod pali!
      No it wasn’t!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just checking if any other sites using my images and was pleased to find that I am rich. My blog revenue is $1M-$5M. Isn't the net full of garbage?

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/xoggoth-towers/439548987
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Warm at 23.2 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.8253 in Hg, 757.5 Torr, 14.6488 psi (unchanged), 70% RH.

Saturday.

Meanwhile back in 27th November 2018, I was watching some documentary about Wales following an exciting ride home on the X55, whilst NF was watching "Aliens".

3 lawns mown.

Nearly dead now.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Despite Dianne Abbot being on Any Question it's:

Wheeler Dealers S13 E8 Corvette C3, red, in Septicland, how to refurbish a Holley 4bbl carb. MB is doing some mechanicking on this one. .

Oh look, they did a bit more to the car than was shown on the prog:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=1576301&i=240

Apparently S13 was the final season with Edd.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E11 VW Camper. So they shipped that across the pond for £2k. Changed the steering box for a steering rack, unblackened the windows, and added chrome detailing.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E6:1963 Chevy Corvair: Unsafe at Any Speed. Quite inneresting. Edd bolted an extra transverse leaf spring across the rear suspension which is presumably suppose to prevent the rear wheel tucking under.

The sun having moved around a bit since it was 16:00, three more lawns were mown.

The theory of the drought reducing growth was reasonably correct for the three lawns this morning, not so for this afternoon's lawns, which was hard work.

Stone me, it was 6 weeks between cuts, no wonder it was hard graft (as in work, not as in bribery or grafting plants).

Tea: spag with that extra fiery bol from the current batch, I think it's hotter than the chilli con carne , the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more bollox on R4 about The Great Toad of Downing street.

Thing on PBS about The Desert War, which turned out to be BBC.

"Pulse" on Sky Arts. No "Comfortably Numb" much as expected..

The Repair Shoppe: the one with the home made acoustic horn gramaphone, the damaged pottery piggy bank, and last but not least: the Pickelhaube which someone's father liberated in WWII.

Alias S4 E10 "The Index".

Collected another 4 buckets of apples this afternoon: that makes a total of 84 so far, and 1 bucket of pears.

The compost heap is now taller than I am.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2022, 09:53.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, scant fluff. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 33 expected. Barometer continuing down, at 1005 mBar.

On my way back to Kensington for a hair cut and a painting over of the grey hairs. Then home for a shower before heading out to Liverpool Street way to meet friends for cocktails followed by dinner near London Bridge.

Can't have a late night as going to see the parentals tomorrow. Dad is very poorly and Mum is "getting more forgetful".
              Last edited by ladymuck; 17 August 2022, 06:49.

Comment

The presence of grey hair has been eliminated for a few weeks.

Nearly back home where I see it's a balmy 31 degrees.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit warm innit

It's currently clear blue sky and sunny here, 32°C and likely to reach 33°C soon, though the barometers are blithely proceeding downwards at 1006/1014mB

Within, it's currently 29.3°

Comment

Had a sausage and bacon butty, just to tide me over

I'm not sure what to have tonight. It's a bit hot to be walking to places

Comment

In the Chinese after all

Comment

Working...
                      X