• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 67% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Happily enough sleep continued until the rather more satisfying hour of 08:15 this morning despite some pretty odd dreams.

Which post took me back to the salad days of 14th November 2018.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

During which another escapee from Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde was encountered, he seems happy enough to be gone from there. .

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it became too irritating, thence <click>.

Freecell score: 100% (of 26), running average 85%.

Looks like I've run the full gamut of Ancient Aliens. Nothing to see here but repeats. <click>

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E20 "We're so screwed Part II: hot to Ketratzi". The "let's rescue Scorpius" one, after it turned out that Harvey was still around in the last ep.

2 eps and a 2 part miniseries to go.

Whole chunks of Farscape were new to me, maybe I didn't watch much of it back in the day, especially since Scorpius came as a surprise back then.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E5 Morris Minor. Hope Edd remembers to grease the trunions. Which will be the least of his problems with one of those rustboxes. They obviously gave Fiat pointers.

Alias S2 E19 "Endgame" wherein Caplan the kidnappee is rescued.

Alias S2 E20 "Countdown" wherein Dixon is cracking up.

Phantom Signals on Blaze at 22:00.

Possibly Alias S2 E21 "Second Double". Will gets busted.

Alias S2 E17 "A dark turn": Commentary. Not stunningly inneresting it must be said, let's hope the commentary on E21 is betterer.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 July 2022, 22:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with lumps of fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Chance of rain early afternoon. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Went to bed early and took a while getting to sleep. Was awake sometime in the 0200 hour but went back to sleep quickly and woke again around 0530 and wasn't so lucky that time.

Feeling rough again this morning but still testing negative. Have emailed the trial people to request more LFTs as I only have 11 left

Comment

The last of my moving boxes have been taken away.

I still have loads of wrapping / packing paper to shift but I think I'll end up putting that into the recycling over the next few weeks or so.

Lunch was a toasted ham and tomato sandwich. Done the old fashioned way with toasting the bread then adding the filling.

The covid trial people called, said my symptoms sound suspicious and are sending 5 more tests. They are also going to check up on me next week to see if I'm still testing negative.

Comment

I discovered the other day that my new abode is under the Heathrow flight path for when they're on easterlies. Mainly it's anything heading north-east, including transatlantics that have to loop around.

The noise from an A350 is very different to the A330 dontcha know.

Comment

Currently watching the auction in which the house will probably get sold

Looking on the auctioneer's site at the figures for current rents and the estimated rental income a buyer could supposedly get, they apparently expect whoever gets it to charge about 150-175% of what I'm paying now

Lunch, by the way, was sardine toasties

Comment

Sold at £376,000

Only one grand more than the guide price - I thought it might have failed to meet its reserve, like one earlier, but no

Comment

It's gone very gloomy out - I had to put the living room light on with my phone, rather than waiting for it to do the "fifteen minutes before sunset" thing. Might rain soon too

Comment

Tea has been the last of the sausage and onion casserole out of the freezer, with chips. Very flavoursome

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car this evening was a Morris Traveller, the half-timbered Tudor car, which ended up looking very nice. Checking online revealed that it's taxed until August next year, and is too old to need an MOT

Then some Cumbrian Police Interceptors from ten years ago or so whilst dining; and finally, the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X