• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for tea: ham, pea and lentil soup with a crust of wholemeal and a bit of multiseed

Comment

Old front gates cleaned up, ready to be used as side gates on the left of the house.
      Dishwasher adjusted to be a better fit.
      Top log store cleared out a little bit more in preparation for it’s demolition.

​​​​​….and now TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not a lot of telly tonight: just some more motorway madness whilst dining. And later, the repeat (one of many, no doubt) of the opal hunters that I missed last Monday; some of them found a really big one they reckoned was worth AU$30,000, which probably won't stop them going on about how they're almost broke next time they're on the programme, as that's what they were saying most of the way despite being introduced with a clip from the previous season when they'd found rocks worth AU$1.2 million

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          A bit murky out, but dry.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Coolish at 21.2 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 14.576 psi, (unchanged), 67% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly this morning Roy, glorying in its time.

A reasonable night's sleep once same was achieved, thankfully no further nightmares, though I was dreaming about the design of the Apple II for some reason.

And it's back to 11th November 2018 again with this post.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

It's just started raining.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

New book started.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens bollox: PSI Power & ESP.

Ancient Aliens bollox: Stonehenge & its vanished builders.

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with peas & rice, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E18 "Prayer": popping in & out of wormholes, alternate universes.

Wheeler Dealers: S10 E3 Range Rover mk iii. On subtitles so I don't have to listen to MotorMouthOldYerAaaaandOut.

Alias S2 E16 "Firebomb" wherein dear old Arvin gets his mitts on a functioning Rambaldi artefact.

Alias S2 E13 commentary.

"Holy Grail in Septicland" on Blaze: more bollox, even includes Oak Island, though sans the usual nutjobs.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2022, 21:51.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start out, currently at 17°C with 22°C maybe on the cards for later along with some rain, and the barometers down again at 998/1006mB

Comment

Morning all

Overcast with flecks of grey when I first got up but can now see patches of blue sky. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Low chance of occasional showers. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

Feeling rough this morning - sore throat, cough, sneezing. Summer cold or covid? I am awaiting the results of my test...

Comment

Talking about Covid - it seems Mrs Eek may have caught while in Turkey so will be bringing it back with her today.

Eek twin A is off to Germany on Friday for a camp and needs a PCR test prior to going - booked for thursday afternoon to keep things clear.

We will all need to avoid Mrs Eek from now until Friday.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The lateral flow test was negative. I'm assuming that it would be positive if the symptoms I have were the lurgy as surely being symptomatic suggests a high enough viral load for the lateral flow to detect it.

I might do another one this afternoon, just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      The lateral flow test was negative. I'm assuming that it would be positive if the symptoms I have were the lurgy as surely being symptomatic suggests a high enough viral load for the lateral flow to detect it.

I might do another one this afternoon, just to be sure.
                      The line on mine went red before the sample had even flowed laterally to the control line when I had similar symptoms, for what that's worth

Comment

Working...
                      X