• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as the outside temp drops below 27oC, we now open the windows, turn the fans on, and cool the place down.
    Goodnight, sleep well.

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The temperature here has plummeted to 26°C, though it seems we'll be lucky if it gets as low as 22° before it starts warming up again. And it's still over 27° in here

More A&E stuff was watched, because I forgot the opal hunters were on. I'll have to catch the repeat next Sunday instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Temperature outside is already up to 26°C, from 24° about thirty minutes ago. Temperature in the living room is 27.3°, which is a bit high as a starting point for what will be the hottest day ever recorded here; for the forecast is still for 39°C by mid-afternoon

The barometers have dropped a bit though, at 1005/1013mB; and it's forecast to drop below 20° tonight and to rain first thing tomorrow morning. So we should be all right if we can just make it through today. The curtains are drawn, and will remain so after yesterday's experiment

Comment

I woke up at 4.30am due to my fan blowing warm air over me.

it was 23 degrees outside. It is now 30 degrees.

I better go out and water the garden which is in the shade until about noon.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Hot. Some cloud. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 38 forecast. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

Woke around 0530. Went for a wee. Got back to sleep but ended up getting up before my alarm to have a shower.

Upstairs in my house is oppressively hot. Doesn't help that the bathroom has a velux window and no blind fitted, so it's essentially a greenhouse. Other rooms have the curtains closed according to where the sun is - difficult to get right as I'm north-south orientated.

Comment

Morning all
              Phew, what a scorcher!

A bit hazy here, and having looked at the temperature, me and The DogTW went to the beach at 6.30, when it was a pleasant 25oC, by the time we came off the beach it was 28.
              I didn't go in for a swim, but I went in up to my knees.
              One cold shower later and I'm at my desk with the blackout blinds down to keep the room cooler.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Hot in here at 24 deg.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 68% RH.

Tuesday.

And thusly I end up back in 8th November 2018.

Looks like "we're" almost at the end of the Ant & MotorMouth show, it resets shortly to the Edd & MotorMouth show. Well there's a thing.

This box wouldn't log on properly earlier so I'm on as a guest.

It was saying things at me that I didn't understand.

Oh good, it's unfecked itself. Another triumph for turning it off and back on again.

24.8 deg in here at 10:00.

And there's a nice breeze unlike the stagnant dead air of yesterday.

Walk (much abbreviated) walked in the slightly less oppressive heat.

TV Times purchase so I know what not to watch next week.

24.8 deg in here at 11:30.

Sound of Distant Thunder & it's not Pink Floyd.

There's a storm coming:

https://www.blitzortung.org/en/live_lightning_maps.php

No sign of the lady in the jeep with the alsatian dog yet.

Lunch: Morrisons beans on Morrisons linseed & soya toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 15 seconds of Y&Y before the "can you hear me?" got too irritating to contine.

Replaced by "The woman who tamed lightning" which was about Hertha Marks and arc lights rather than lightning conductors but there you apparently go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0858v5m

25.3 deg in here at 12:52.

'Tis raining. I shall go out there & dance naked in it just to celebrate.

It stopped before I had the chance.

Entertainment: more Ancient Aliens bollox: druids in north septicland.

Tea: battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E14 "Twice Shy": the alien morphing spider one.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E15: yet another clip show with a V6 2007 battered Mustang being done up for one of the crew.

26.4 deg in here at 19:15.

MotorMouth is much better with subtitles. Is this tulip supposed to be funny or wot?

FBI S1 E22 "Closure".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2022, 18:22.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It is now 32 degrees. How?

Comment

34 degrees now.

And handjob is on the radio.

Comment

I have ordered a fan to collect from Argos. I could get there and back before my 11am meeting but if I go afterwards I can take my time and loiter in the Tesco fridge aisle for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X