• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching a thing about the SR-71. Apparently it was supposed to be called the RS-71, but LBJ got the name wrong in a speech announcing it, and they decided it was easier to rename the plane than to correct the President

Comment

After me walk I stopped at the cafe near the local reservoir sailing club. Two ladies walking past talking and one of them said rather loudly "My bum's all wet" before she noticed me sitting there and said "Whoops, too much information". I managed to resist the urge to say "No, tell me more!"
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No Chinese tonight, thanks to the positive test

Instead, tea has been one of those delicious steak & caramelised onion burgers in a seedy bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

And the bed was remade in stages over the last two or three hours to avoid any slumping of the energy levels, and is now ready for use

Comment

I watched a couple of things about engineering failures this afternoon, before the SR-71 thing. And all I've watched this evening has been some episodes of 24 Hours in A&E from 2012, being the second series

Very tired again now, but at least I got some useful bits and bobs done today

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Windy.

Chilly at 19.3 deg in here.

1003.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from yesterday by an undefined amount, the barometer not having been tapped & set prior to TFBSZ), 72% RH.

Sunday.

This morning's dream, following the interruption to sleep caused by EE sending texts FFS, seemed to involve Rover P4s and MOTs for some strange reason.

Walk (abbreviated with alternate horsefly avoiding route) walked with an umbrella which successfully prevented it raining.

Lunch: Morrisons cumberland best of sausages, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: DID Bono, Just a Minute.

Extraordinary: The Revelations: more UFO bollox on Blaze. This one is full of The Number of the Beast & such like, with The Mark, and genetic manipulation thrown in for good measure.

Followed by some conspiracy theory bollox that just went <click>

More potching in the garage labelling up stuff so I don't have to open it to know wtf is in there.

More gooseberries picked & stewed & portioned up for the freezer.

Tea: beans on toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches (that's the end of the loaf out of the way), stewed gooseberries & custard.

Entertainment: Am Dro: Aberystwyth with a lady from Brunei who's learned Cymraeg over the last 9 years or so, south Wales valley, north Wales lake (reservoir) to lake, north Wales.

Bits of UFO bollox on Quest+1 interspersed with Tut's Curse on 4+1.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2022, 07:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Seems a little variable out, with the sun dodging behind increasingly large patches of cloud. There's a 30% chance of rain soon, but even if it happens it'll probably be the merest shower. Temperature is 17°C and might reach 20° mid-afternoon, and the barometers are creeping back up at 1001/1009mB

Another good night's sleep was had. I haven't checked my temperature yet but it feels fine. Wondering whether to risk an LFT; I think I've only got one box of the NHS ones left now

Comment

Afternoon all

It was clear blue sky when I got up earlier but now it's clouded over but still bright out. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 later. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

Lunch yesterday in Mortlake/Barnes was very nice. HWMBO was very delayed getting home but he got there eventually.

Contemplating tidying and sorting stuff out but I also have to leave for the hairdresser in an hour so chances are not much will get done.

Comment

LFT: faintly positive

Comment

Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup with seedy bloomer toast

It was very nice but I'd forgotten that eating soup while avoiding a specific tooth near the front of the mouth is very tricky. But I got the hang of it eventually

Just hoping I have a negative test tomorrow so I can get to the dentist

Comment

Working...
                      X