• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken casserole, made in the Remoska

Very late due to general disorganisation earlier, not helped by the fact that I sautéed the onions for a good half hour or more; but it was worth it for the flavour. I recently got a heat diffuser to go under pans when appropriate, and it allows me to control the temperature of stuff in my big sauté pan much better than I could with it directly on the hob

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Went over to Ealing Broadway to see the house I spotted yesterday. It's very nice and the pub on the corner did a good G&T. An offer has been put in so will see if I get it. If not, I'll stick with Richmond but it was so quick and easy getting into town for my Portuguese class afterwards.

It's a bit warm out.
      Good luck! I stayed out in Ealing briefly during my first contract, at BBC News in TV Centre in 1999, and it seemed like quite a nice place

Comment

The car earlier was a Plymouth (I think?) Barracuda, which was pretty decrepit when they bought it and which they proceeded to ruin completely rather than trying to make it whole again. Something about drag racing with it, though they didn't actually do that by the end. And the gold diggers was one I'd seen before.

Other than that, there was a bit of the motorway thing whilst dining, but I spent most of the time reading The Chequer Board, which I've almost finished now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc, going to be another warm one.

New garden visitor overnight - an owl, to add to the foxes and hedgehog.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool at 18.6 deg.

1015 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Good deed of the day: rescuing a toad trapped in a recycling bin. It didn't seem particularly grateful.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Taking another four or five feet of old PCWs down for recycling

Might stop at the chip shop on the way back, even though it's not actually on the way back
            I wonder if the 4 decades of Wireless World should meet the same fate.

Not to mention the Practical Electronics, Practical Wireless, ETI, Maplin Magazine, EPE, Hobby Electronics, etc. etc.

Oh, and the PC Utilities mags & cds/dvds of which there's a small mountain.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Fortunately I didn't wear a jacket or I'd now be a small puddle on the floor.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Lucy Worsley on R4 waffling on about an African American lady who got away with murder in 1880s Philadelphia.

More gardening.

Even planted some (very old) seeds. I'll be innerested to see if anything actually grows.

Tea: lamb's liver and bacon with onion gravy (very big onion), last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Film: Marlene Dietrich. (not that much of it was viewed).

Farscape S3 E10 "Relativity": the Mommy dearest one.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E17 1965 Plymouth Barracuda transmogrified into a drag racer part II. I suppose it makes sense to someone.

Replace the existing hemi heads, the camshaft, lifters & pushrods (haven't they heard of overhead cams in septicland?), add a supercharger, change the six speed to a gearbox for a drag car, a two speed power glide: 1.8 to 1 and direct.

And add some nitrous just for fun. .

Stone me, Motor Mouth gets really tedious.

The Repair Shoppe: a table, clown shoes, horse racing diorama, and, of course, the mandatory fecking bear. This one being blue.

10 seconds of the Shatner mystery thing.

Freecell score: 71%. .

National Park Mysteries: Crater Lake Oregon: the usual disappearances & Native American legends.

Ditto: Canyonlands Utah: demonic truck. Skinwalker. Time slips.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 June 2022, 21:43.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start. Already up to 16°C, which is OK I suppose, but expected to reach 24° later, which is pushing it a bit. Barometers are down a bit at 1011/1019mB, though it doesn't seem like that'll help

It appears that central London will be very warm and sunny by lunchtime tomorrow. I believe I am about to discover that, due to trains, I will be unable to make it there in time for the picnic lunch in St. James's Park, instead arriving just at the time we're due to head back to the office for a quarterly planning meeting

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with a hint of wispy cloud. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer down a touch to 1019 mBar.

Removals company are booked. They don't care if they go to Ealing or Richmond. Now just waiting to hear if my offer is accepted. Not sure how long the landlady wants to mull over the options (there was one other open offer on the property when I viewed it).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It appears that central London will be very warm and sunny by lunchtime tomorrow. I believe I am about to discover that, due to trains, I will be unable to make it there in time for the picnic lunch in St. James's Park, instead arriving just at the time we're due to head back to the office for a quarterly planning meeting
                  That's probably a better option! Lots of geese poo in St. James's Park.

Comment

Aargh! No news yet. Got a call from the agents. They can't get hold of the landlady. They think she might have decided that the first offer was ok and wasn't expecting to have to consider a second. This could be disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Went over to Ealing Broadway to see the house I spotted yesterday. It's very nice and the pub on the corner did a good G&T. An offer has been put in so will see if I get it. If not, I'll stick with Richmond but it was so quick and easy getting into town for my Portuguese class afterwards.

It's a bit warm out.
                      great train / tube connections, change at ealing broadway is common, good to see you are evaluating the important stuff like G&Ts. Maybe you will see a cross railbonus?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X