• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: a nice big fry-up

Accompanied by a repeat of The Repair Shop

Comment

Raining.

Slow progress on the essay.

Bed has been made.

The Curse of Oak Island on as background ents.

Comment

Didn't watch any telly other than the repeat of The Repair Shop.

Back to the fray tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

A load of rubbish has been written and submitted. That course is now done. Two more to do and then I can claim my unclassified degree.

Having a listen to Metamorphosis: How Insects Transformed our World on BBC Sounds. Lots about fruit flies.

Tube strikes tomorrow which will make it fun to get to the flat viewings. Hopefully I'll also get confirmation of when the new contract will start (seeing as it evidently isn't tomorrow).

Comment

After an afternoon swim, it’s TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
              Blue skies and sunshine here, back at my desk recovering from the weekend.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey drizzly day

Well, the drizzle might have just stopped. Currently a mere 10°C with 16° expected, and the barometers are a little down at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Cooler at 17.8 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing gently.

Looks like the Tory scum have shot their load a bit early. How embarrassing.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons soya and linseed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom picking with occasional rain. Sun came out on my return.

House halfheartedly vacced, merely to keep the level of filth at an acceptable level.

I need to get rid of some stuff.

Another four feet or so of books would be a start.

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy, some mango slices, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Samuel L. Jackson, mother****er. .

Farscape S3 E3 "Self inflicted wounds: coulda, woulda, shoulda". Part I. The one where a wormhole explorers' ship gets stuck in Moya.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E10 Y2K Porche 996. IMS bearing failure. Another reason I wouldn't want one. Feck me. $2k2 for the kit to fix that problem.

Abandoned Engineering: Niagara Falls, presumably the hydroelectric power station. Romanian spa "the Austrian Imperial baths". Kowary Polish uranium mine. Uruguay corn beef factory: Fray Bentos. End of series.

Curse of Skinwalker ranch: "It follows": the mysterious helicopter following entity one. Well that was full of nothing. .

Makes Oak Island look sensible. Or something.

David Lynch: the Directors.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2022, 20:58.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

I better read some documents....

I need to get rid of some crap in my hovel.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy out. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Showers due off and on this afternoon. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Turns out the new gig did start today. Luckily I was up before 9am and came across as being ready to go. Much documentation has been read so far.

So, with that going on, I had to postpone the viewings booked for lunchtime. Moved them to tomorrow afternoon and then realised I gave a time that clashes with getting to Portuguese class. I have yet to correct that.

Lunch is a fresh baked demi-baguette with cheese and tomato.

Comment

Working...
                      X