• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Chinese tonight as I have no appetite at all. I made myself have a sausage roll, because I need to eat something, and I could barely finish it

Comment

No telly tonight as I didn't feel like it

Getting an early night now in the vague hope of feeling better tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Hot and sunny. Already 23 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Back home I see the best I'll get on arrival is 19 degrees and potentially some rain.

Hope NF is feeling better today

Need to figure out what route to take home as the Piccadilly line is part suspended. Whilst the train to Paddington is ok, it's the up and down stairs to get to the tube platform that riles me. It's annoying enough when not suitcase laden. Also, need to check that branch of the circle/district line is actually running too.

Comment

Morning.

Awake at sparrowfart again with some nightmare about some job I obviously didn't want to do somewhere I didn't want to be.

In some ways a relief to wake up & find it was all a dream. .

Damp after some heavy overnight rain, heavy enough that I registered that it was raining at some point.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 17.3 deg in here.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.93733 Torr, 14.656 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 73% RH.

Sunday.

Freecell score in the sleepless dawn: 90%, running average 85% (84.54 something).

Back is still sore. Much ibuprofen employed which takes some of the edge off it.

I suspect the cleaning of the springs is on hold for a while.

<hiatus>

And a nice doze through the "Pulse" version of DSOTM, as is only rite & proper after an early & unbidden awakening on a Sunday morning.

I think I went a bit overboard on the heatsinks on that amplifier, they're enormous, 0.5 deg/W IIRC. Many thanks to 3M for paying for them so generously. .

I may venture out for a brief walk to see if it improves the back a little.

Walk (somewhat abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom/sunshine/strong breeze/warmth.

Some very odd looking clouds. Almost expected the mothership to turn up. Ancient Astronaut Researchers would have said it was possible. Or even very likely. .

Lunch: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the Unbelievable truth. Last one. Just a minute is back next week.

The Food Programme.

TWTW.

Freecell score: 85%. .

The repair shop, sea chest, art deco naked lady lamp with a broken leg.

Tea: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a yog, the last of the pear halves, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Brunel: the man who built Britain Parts 1 & 2.

Pink Floyd live in Venice: just the "Comfortably Numb" bit. (Not as good as the "Pulse" version which probably had the advantage that they weren't seasick).

Now very grey out there & drizzling gently.

The lightning map thing is showing that There's A Storm Coming. .

2nd part of the thing about the KGB and Chernobyl.

Another Repair shop: the one with the barber's chair, the big feck off clock that had the electric mechanism replaced with a modern quartz POS, and an antimony box that everyone seemed frightened was going to melt when soldered, despite antimony having a MP of 630 deg C. Then again, I'd have used a soldering iron rather than a hot air blower.

Some nutjobbery on W about a chap with 25 siblings due to AI sperm donation. Oh, and he's got asperger's. Ah. It's a BBC3 prog from 2020.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2022, 22:32.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a decent night's sleep was had, but I'm still feeling quite rough: the headache continues, my joints ache, and I'm having occasional chills despite it being 23°C in here. Somewhat bunged-up nose too, though no cough so there's that

But it's not as bad as yesterday, so it's either getting better or I'm getting used to it

Comment

Oh yes: mainly sunny start out, currently 17°C and maybe reaching 21° this afternoon, though it will also cloud over and there's a chance of showers. Barometers down a bit at 1009/1017mB

Comment

In the lounge at Barcelona airport.

The contract I was due to start tomorrow is delayed a few days, maybe a week, so that gives me time to get the laundry done and other returning home tasks.

Comment

Took one of the expired hay fever tablets (03/2020) and a couple of paracetamol, and although I still don't feel right, they seem to have helped.

And although I still don't have much of an appetite, I made delicious sausage and bacon butties and somehow managed to get them down

Comment

Working...
                      X