• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE workshop: Preparing contractors for Autumn : Weds 29th Sep at 7.15pm. More details here.

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Discovered that Sainsbury's really stiffed me on the use-by dates for the meat in yesterday's order; one of them is today, FFS

    This is annoying as it means stuff that's scheduled for next week has to be frozen, and there isn't room with all the soup and so on to go in there

    The Sunday joint expires on Saturday, and I often don't get around to cooking that until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway. I suppose the best thing to do is freeze it now, as the soup and scouse can last a couple more days in the fridge before being frozen, and then it's got a day or two in hand when it's moved back to the fridge to thaw.
    I consider 'use by' dates as a guideline, especially on beef/lamb. a few days over in the fridge is ok.
    well, i've never had any issues, and i've been eating for a while, now
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

    Comment


      Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      I consider 'use by' dates as a guideline, especially on beef/lamb. a few days over in the fridge is ok.
      well, i've never had any issues, and i've been eating for a while, now
      I know they're often pessimistic when setting the dates, but on the other hand it'd be annoying to go to make a roast pork dinner and find they'd got it right this time

      Comment


        Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        I consider 'use by' dates as a guideline, especially on beef/lamb. a few days over in the fridge is ok.
        well, i've never had any issues, and i've been eating for a while, now
        I completely agree - that's what the sniff test does. It's a shame opening the packet to have a sniff to determine freshness then starts the clock ticking on it spoiling.

        NF will just have to spend all day tomorrow cooking and fill up his fridge until the freezer has space

        Comment


          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Just heard all you old folk - ok those 50+ - should be vaccinated by the end of March if manufacturing keeps up and they get enough vaccinators on tap.
          I'm too young to die! (No vaccine for me)

          My brother will likely be on the list to be bumped up despite being sub-50 as he's as hearty as NF (probably less so as I don't recall NF needing the hardware my brother has to keep his ticker ticking)

          Comment


            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I know they're often pessimistic when setting the dates, but on the other hand it'd be annoying to go to make a roast pork dinner and find they'd got it right this time
            A bit risk averse for my rock 'n' roll lifestyle then
            Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
            Inertia, however........................

            Comment


              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm too young to die! (No vaccine for me)

              My brother will likely be on the list to be bumped up despite being sub-50 as he's as hearty as NF (probably less so as I don't recall NF needing the hardware my brother has to keep his ticker ticking)
              Century

              Comment


                Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

                Comment


                  I'm in the extremely vulnerable list. Equates to the group 4 (70-74 years) due to a particular COPD medication I take, even though I don't had have COPD. Mid-February, at the latest I've been told.

                  Pembrokeshire Murders finished. The trial was disappointing, I must say.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I'm in the extremely vulnerable list. Equates to the group 4 (70-74 years) due to a particular COPD medication I take, even though I don't had have COPD. Mid-February, at the latest I've been told.

                    Pembrokeshire Murders finished. The trial was disappointing, I must say.
                    I'm group 6 AFAIK, but my GP surgery only joined the local list of ones that are dishing out appointments this week. Apparently I'll have to go to a health centre across town for it. But unless they increase the supply, I'm probably looking at March I would guess.

                    Comment


                      Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

                      It was zero outside earlier, but it's warmed up to 1°C now. The snow that was forecast for later has been replaced with rain.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X