• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The car earlier was an Alfa Romeo Spider,
    …Mod century… ommmmm

Also, WHICH spider?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Up very betimes, so walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite pleasant out there, currently 11°C which is what it was when I went a-walking, bit cloudy at the moment but clearing up later, when there's a chance of reaching 20°; the barometers are steady at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

…Mod century… ommmmm

Also, WHICH spider?
        Dunno

Comment

…Mod century… ommmmm

Also, WHICH spider?
          See my comments above.

Assuming we watched the same programme it was

Originally posted by DrS
          Wheeler Dealers S14 E11 "1987 Alpha Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio" whatever the feck that is.
          Apparently it's necessary to have aircon on an open top sports car in LA.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chillier at 16.6 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1016 and a bit last night), 73% RH.

Friday. The Thirteenth. Abandon hope!

The dairyman's toffeenosed & stuck up grandson is on Today shortly, so the very predictable <click> is imminent.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Entertainment: Fiona Hill on Desert Island Discs: her opinion of The Orange One is much the same as any sensible person's.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Dunno why everything seems to be happening so quickly this morning, other than getting up before 08:00, which might have sommat to do with it.

Glad I didn't listen to the dairyman's grandson & his toffeenosed voice and fake uppercrust attitudes.

Shirts out of the TD. It seems unusually efficient today. This does not bode well.

Originally posted by DrS
          Friday. The Thirteenth. ​ Abandon hope!
          Many a true word said in jest:

Walk (abbreviated due to it being Friday the fecking 13th & putting my back out halfway through which slows things down a tad) walked.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts iRoned and airing upstairs. The curious pong of unuse remains with that one white shirt.

Entertainment (in quotes): Archive on 4 all about something called Ok Computer apparently.

Something I've never listened to and judging by my response to this, something I won't be listening to again.

Still it occupied the ears during the iRoning.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO followed by the thing about the 1990s.

Cottons out of the TD & roughly iRoned & airing over the banisters. Which completes this week's washing frenzy.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85% (84.54 something).

I was thinking of more potching in the garage but the current lack of mobility seems to have knocked that idea on the head.

More ibuprofen gel applied to back.

I suppose it's doing something. .

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jodie Foster.

Farscape S2 E7 "Dream a little dream": the flashback one that should have been S2E1 until they chickened out since it doesn't clear up the cliffhanger from S1 E22.

Vanished Wales: the village of Groes* that disappeared under the M4 in Margam, pier & theatre in Rhyl, POW camp, Capitol Cinema Cardiff.

*Pronounced "gross" by the locals. . I think I fixed a telly there back in the day. Before they knocked it all down.

Weatherman Walking: Crosskeys to Felinfoel. Well there's tidy then. Along what used to be a railway line.

Freecell score: 95%, running average 85% (84.5 something, but I've forgotten quite what).

Gardener's World (FFS, desperation was setting in) to find they were talking about carniverous plants.

Followed by some lune growing a jungle 18 floors up in a Manchester tower block. I was a bit concerned about stuff falling off and killing some unfortunate down below.

Now some prog on S4C about guitars in Welsh rock music: "Gitar yn y To". Stone me, some of them are ancient.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2022, 22:23.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I see the Valiant Ladymuck left ESPDM last night and is now en route to Manuel's home town, due to arrive at… 6am yesterday?

Whoever got given the password to that ship's VesselFinderPro account needs to be given a swift education in the nature and use of calendars

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Comment

Ah, thank you:
                Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wheeler Dealers S14 E11 "1987 Alpha Spider Quadrifoglio" whatever the feck that is.
                Except "Alpha" (If that is from the TV guide, they should be taken out and shot.)

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...qv/1987/283726

Quadrifoglio Verde (or QV) is a green 4-leafed clover, the symbol of the Alfa racing team.
                Personally, I prefer the ones from the early 60s.

Comment

The recycling bin has been safely retrieved

Comment

Had a go at this Wordle thing. Pretty easy, got three in a row in four or less gos. Or maybe I'm just a genius.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ah, thank you:

Except "Alpha" (If that is from the TV guide, they should be taken out and shot.)

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...qv/1987/283726

Quadrifoglio Verde (or QV) is a green 4-leafed clover, the symbol of the Alfa racing team.
                      Personally, I prefer the ones from the early 60s.
                      Yes, that's the thing. Presumably it's only the fact that it's living in California that kept the tinworm away.

As to the "Alpha" part, who knows? The EPG is long gone now. Like as not it was my typo.

I've seen much funnier ones than that on the EPG. .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2022, 09:12.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X