• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Here we go.
    Om.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Om.

Comment

Oh dear, looks like I've got a date. Contacted out of blue by lady I barely know. Not sure how to do those things anymore.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Oh dear, looks like I've got a date. Contacted out of blue by lady I barely know. Not sure how to do those things anymore.
          Do a lunch date so you can meet her at 1pm then you have an excuse to have an appointment at 2.30-3pm so you don't have to spend the rest of the day with her.

If you actually like her then you can meet her in the evening on the second date.

(Well that's what all the 20/30s-somethings use to do in the office. They use to disappear for dates at lunch time. )
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with the usual fried onions, chips and beans

Acocmpanied by the Gloucestershire police on night shift. Cheltenham doesn't seem to have improved its behaviour in the last twenty-odd years

Comment

The car earlier was a 1964 Ford Ranchero, and I have to say that once they'd finished restoring it, including a full paint job of the period, it looked excellent

And then the gold diggers had for some reason been replaced by a programme about a bicycle race in Italy

Not my thing so the telly was turned off at that point while I did a bit more experimentation based on The Book of Shaders, which meant the antiques bloke was also skipped

It's raining here now; not torrential, but steady

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture premiere was New Order (2020) (Nuevo orden to be precise), a Mexican film in which a rich family's wedding party is invaded by The Poors spilling over from a wide-scale social insurrection that was going on. It's one of those films where it seems quite lighthearted and amusing to start with, but then descends into some very murky territory. It's good (and has won awards and so on), but don't expect to be smiling as much by the end as you were at the start; not by a long chalk

And then another major motion picture premiere: Dune (2021), based on a rather thick book of the same name that most people I knew at university seemed to have a copy of along with its sequels, though I've never read it. I enjoyed this, though it was a bit annoying to see "Part One" in small letters under the title and realise, as was confirmed by the ending, that I now have to wait for the rest of them to come out; I'd generally rather wait until they're done then watch them all. Still, it explains how they managed to fit all those inches of bookshelf space into one film: they didn't

Anyway, it's basically Aussie Gold Hunters meets Star Wars, or maybe ST:TNG. Very good, but I hope they hurry up with the rest of them before everybody involved gets bored and goes off and does something else instead, which is why we never got the final instalment of those Divergent films

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It's warm and sunny this morning. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 22 that may feel more like 26

Went to sleep somewhere in the Atlantic, and have woken up in Cádiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X