• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been Scotch broth with multiseed bread

Accompanied by The Repair Shop

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly tonight other than The Repair Shop as I instead finished reading Dion Fortune's novel Moon Magic, being the sequel to The Sea Priestess which I read last week. Sadly, she died before she completed this one; but another member of her magical order was able to channel the final three chapters, so she completed it after her death

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 15.3 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (unchanged), 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

Entertainment: Discovering Roy Scheider, interrupted at the first ad break for an urgent bowel movement.

I hate watching stuff whilst hopping from leg to leg. .

And it's Belgrano Day apparently.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it became unbearable after all of 3 minutes. Now: my tinnitis.

Some other bollox on R4 whilst doing the dishes.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84.xx%.

Entertainment: Discovering Joseph Cotton. One of his final films appears to be Soylent Green.

Tea: Chilli meatballs with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S1 E21 "Bone to be wild". The bone eater one. And who'd have thunk that a plant could be that sexy?

Possible "Seven ages of starlight" on BBC4 if it's inneresting enough, like.

Depends on your definition of "inneresting", really. .

Alias S1 E4 "Dead Drop": looks like someone's fecking with Sloane's mind.

Freecell score in the late evening ennui: 100% (of 13), running average 84.xx%.

"Afordir Cymru: Sir Benfro": place names in Pembroke Yng Nghymraeg.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2022, 22:29.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again out there, but mild enough at 13°C, rising to 16° this afternoon. The barometers are very slightly down at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with intermittent sunshine. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected.

HWMBO and I are on a train from Waterloo to Portsmouth & Southsea in order to catch our boat to the med this afternoon.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: roast pork and apple sauce butties

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And before that I started experimenting with writing OpenGL shaders for use in SpriteKit. All I've got so far is a green line that slowly travels to the top of a white rectangle then starts again at the bottom, but these things always take a while, and once you've got something basic actually happening on the screen, you're a good way to wherever you ultimately want to go

Comment

Working...
                      X