• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Teatime space brouhaha with Star Trek: The Next Generation S5E8, Unification II (TV Episode 1991) featuring that Spock chappy from TOS
    It's always a plus when Mr Nimoy turns up. .
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A family lunch, mostly cooked by HWMBO, with dessert cooked by his youngest. Stuffed!

Antipasti with homemade focaccia
      Fresh tagliatelle with ragu
      Turbot with clams and ratatouille
      Pannacotta sponge cake

Comment

Tea has been beef scouse with a mix of wholemeal and seedy bread

Soft items only as last night a filling and part of the adjacent tooth broke. No pain, but I don't want to put excessive pressure on it until I'm sure more of it isn't going to break off

I wonder if the dentist will be willing to see me? I was due for a checkup just after lockdown started, so of course that never happened. Then I phoned about a year after that, and they still weren't seeing any but "serious" cases. Perhaps this will be serious enough for me to get in? Maybe not, though

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's always a plus when Mr Nimoy turns up. .
          Unless he starts singing about hobbits

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Unless he starts singing about hobbits
            Yes, that is curiously disturbing in a very strange way.

Comment

After a day gardening (including wheelbarrowing a tonne of horse manure from a neighbour’s paddock into our rose garden), I am officially Billy buggered. TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly whilst dining was an episode of The Repair Shop, and then afterwards another one - both new, full-length episodes

Early night now, for Monday lies in wait like a ravening beast

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and drizzly morning out there, which might make it a little milder: 7°C at the moment with 13° predicted for the afternoon; though there's also a breeze making it "feel like" 4°

Barometers are down rather again, at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Morning all
                    Achy joints today.
                    Light rain overnight will help the manure to soak into the ground and release all its unctuous goodness.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hope the tulip was well rotted. .

In a turn up for the book, went to bed 2 hours later than NF. due to Yet More UFO Foo Fighter bollox, thankfully less millenarian than the septic bollox that preceded it which just about avoided mentioning 666 and the mark of the beast.

Morning.

Grey.

Wet.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.8 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi (down from 1019 last night), 66% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly in the gloom.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

It's alleged to be milder but it didn't much feel like it.

Thankfully it avoided raining on me.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100% (of 13), running average 84%.

I should be doing something, in fact quite a lot of somethings but the will to do anything whatsoever seems to have departed and hasn't returned since last December. .

Freecell score (this box): 100% (of a lot), running average 92%.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken fillets, stewed apple and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Helen Mirren.

Farscape S1 E1 "Premiere": never saw this back in the day.

Neanderthals: Meet your ancestors.

NCIS S18 E14 "Unseen improvements". Rather better than the recent run of things.

"The Challenger Disaster (2013)" with William Hurt playing Richard Feynman.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 April 2022, 21:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X