• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon.

Fecking cold out there.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Went to the beach for a very pleasant walk earlier, now trying to decide between gardening, making tartare sauce or putting my feet up.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Afternoon.

Fecking cold out there.
        It is rather

It rained a bit here but seems to have cleared up now. Nice blue sky with the odd wisp of cloud, but I think it's going to be a very chilly night as a result

Comment

Loony weather. today Kept switching between nice blue sky and gray sky with snow. Quite heavy for a short while on my walk.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Loony weather. today Kept switching between nice blue sky and gray sky with snow. Quite heavy for a short while on my walk.
            It was like that here for a lot of yesterday. And at one point when I was walking back from the chemist in the afternoon, I was in bright sunshine and it started snowing

Comment

Tea has been lamb cutlets with chips and beans. Very tasty

Accompanied by an episode of The Repair Shop starring a very fine ape called Jacko

Though they did keep referring to him as a monkey

Comment

Wot? No wheelerdealing with the Honda S2000 or whatever?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Wot? No wheelerdealing with the Honda S2000 or whatever?
                    Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that early evening viewing

Seems like quite a decent car actually, and I'm not surprised the bloke who sold it to them bought it back for seven grand, given that they don't seem to add labour into their supposed costs for fixing it; assuming no TV trickery, he got an absolute bargain on the restoration there

Comment

Tonight's first motion picture premiere has been Broadcast Signal Intrusion (2021) in which a video archivist becomes obsessed with a sequence of such intrusions from the 1980s and seeks to track down the source. It's American but reminiscent of Japanese films like Ringu in many ways. I thought it was pretty good, though I'm not sure it has mass market appeal. But then again, what do I know about mass markets, or appeal come to that? And I am of course au fait with the actual broadcast signal intrusions of that time on which the ones in the film are based, so I had a heads up, as it were. It's just one of those films that you'll like if you like it and might not if you don't

And then a major motion picture premiere ("major" because it stars some bloke who was in a couple of episodes of Friends): Ad Astra (2019). I believe this one didn't do as well as it might have done in the global markets, but I rather liked it. I assume it didn't do well because people expected a space film with Brad Pitt to be a bit whizz-bang or whatever; maybe something like Passengers or Interstellar or Life or The Martian? But it isn't; it's quite sombre, and contemplative, and none the worse for that I reckoned. Worth watching, but don't expect to jump out of your seat at any point

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X