• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I see it's the Vernal Equinox! Happy New Spring, everyone!

Comment

I have spent the day playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village. A game I played yonks ago when i used to have a Nintendo DS and always wished it would be ported to the mobile as the style of play was eminently suitable for the mobile. Turns out that did happen, a long time ago. As paid-for games go £9.99 is a bit steep but other than a totally non-intuitive means of activating the keyboard, the port is excellent and it proved a fine way to waste a sunny day.

Much fun had.

For background noise, ents has been season 9 of The Curse of Oak Island. I've been dipping in and out of it since the new series started and they've found naff all as of episode 14.

Comment

I suppose I ought to make the bed if I am to get to sleep at a reasonable hour this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Scotch broth and multiuser bread for tea
          I think, autocorrect, that you'll find the bread has multiple seeds and only one user, so I was correct the first time

Telly tonight was mainly just stuff from during the week being repeated on Quest, but that did include an episode of The Repair Shop featuring the most preposterously huge teddy bear ever seen

And then I watched a couple more of the shortened versions queued up on iPlayer

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ The one with the GEC transistor radio which wasn't up to much.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cold at 13.4 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.85 psi (up a tiny tad, essentlally unchanged from last night), 73 % RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming oh so very brightly.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: mowing 6 lawns. Feck me, the idle bastard's lawn took some mowing, dunno what seed I used on that one but by feck it grows fast and long.

Tea: the last of the chicken with carrots and onions, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Bill Murray.

Car SOS S7 E3: Triumph TR4.

Oak Island nutjobbery: drilling down Enough of that crap. Drilling down is even more tedious (difficult to imagine though it is) than the offerings of S8.

NCIS S18 E12 "Sangre". Mildly amusing.

NASA's Unexplained Files: Magnetic moon rocks, Vela incident, Comet Ison, Alien bugs in a meteorite.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2022, 22:33.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Another blue sky with bits of fluff day. Currently 8 degrees with a scorching high of 16 later. Barometer steady at 1027 mBar.

Much racket going on outside. Scaffolding being put up in preparation for my building to undergo a variety of exterior repairs and redecoration over the next two months.

Comment

Morning all
                The cloud is burning off and it's turning into another nice day.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Quick walk around the corner to the post box. Lovely out there.

Lunch is a fresh baked roll with cheese and ham.

Comment

Darn it, loony lady 2 has the C thing and I was with her on Friday. Will have to miss me Karaoke tomorrow as need to wait 5 days before test apparently.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just realised I didn't actually hit the "Post" button on this earlier

Morning denizens

Sunny day out, but a chilly start: currently 5°C, with 14° expected later. Barometers slightly up at 1020/1028mB

…and while I'm here: lunch has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread (which autocorrect didn't try to fix this time…)

Comment

Working...
                      X