• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been some spits of rain but not quite the showers that are still forecast.

Lunch was a bowl of cocoa shreddies. Out for a big dinner this evening so I need to have a good appetite.

Comment

Very grey and gloomy and rainy here now

I think I've completed all the mandatory training now, but there are two courses I did last year that expire in a week or so

But that's quite enough for today. Let the weekend commence! Oh hang on, just need to submit my timesheet… OK, done!

Comment

After a -1°C frost temperatures rose to 14°C. Blue skies. Dark now, but clear skies. Dinner was heated up cottage pie.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Amidst all the excitement of learning about fraud, bribery and corruption (TLDR: they're bad and you shouldn't do them), I found the time to do a bedding wash which is now draped upon the clotheshorse

Comment

Oh, and the new Viz is in the shops

Comment

Yeh, I got it yesterday. Drunken Bakers - Aaaaaagh!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a steak and caramelised onion burger, in the usual sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries. Very tasty

Comment

Tonight's first motion picture premiere was The Love Witch (2016), which is about a witch who is eager to find a man to love her. Unfortunately, her love potions keep poisoning the men she chooses; and she doesn't realise this, blaming their deaths on their auras and such. But the great thing about it, aside from the story, is that it's all done in the style of a classic late 1960s or early 1970s Hammer film of the kind that are now known as folk horror, though set in the present day. It's very obvious that it's following that style, but there are all kinds of subtle aspects to that as well. But best of all is the use of colour: it's full of bright and vivid colour throughout, and it's been skilfully graded so that it's pure Technicolor, yet somehow even more so than Technicolor could ever be; yet without ever being garish. I really liked it, and if you like the idea of something like that, then you might like it too

Next up, a major motion picture premiere, to wit, The Suicide Squad (2021). Now you're probably thinking "Didn't they make this five years before that?" and yes, yes they did, although without the definite article. But apparently that wasn't enough for them, so they made it again but different and stuck "The" on the front of the title, probably so they didn't break the studio accountants' Excel spreadsheet

Anyway, it's pretty good fun, so just like the first one really - I seem to recall thinking that about that. Let's face it, neither of them were ever going to compete with The Sound of Music or Citizen Kane

Goodnight all

Comment

As the night shift retires to bed, the morning shift arises unrefreshed.

Morning.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Damp.

Sunny.

CBS (to start: not now it's not).

Cold at 12.4 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.56 psi, (up from 998 mbar last night), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Awake like a lark at 06:50 for some godforsaken reason: some odd dream about WO1 and WO2, testers, electronics, fecknose whatelse.

Thusly Walk Walked before breakfast.

Ok, who woke Minnestrone up? Did you have to untie the straps on his straitjacket?

The walking of the walk was wise, since it's picking with rain now: which came to nothing so:

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

They were out of some stuff I wanted, but there you go.

Lunch: baked potatio (Morrisons, wonky) with cheese, sweet chilli sauce, and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of the R4 news, 15 minutes of Any Questions.

Freecell score: 89% running average 84%.

Entertainment: Ancient Astronauts just met the <click>

Tea: the last of the fiery bol with spag, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: well it won't be Ancient Astronauts. Enough is enough. Or it might even be too much.

It's raining again. The prognosticator reckoned it would be full on rain, hail, & murrain of beasts from 13:00 to 19:00 but it's only just started & it's pretty half hearted about it.

Entertainment: "Landscape Mysteries" with Aubrey Manning, or rather 6 of the 8 eps thereof, which was irritating, the remaining two being available as Yet Another DVD.

Oddly, one of the mysteries involves The Red Lady of Paviland Cave in the Gower, which, by some strange synchronicity, is exactly what's being talked about on "Mystic Britain" with Clive Anderson and Mary-Ann Ochota right now on Smithsonian.

Cue the Outer Limits theme.

'Tis windy out.

'Tis windy in too, since I had baked beans for lunch.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 March 2022, 22:30.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Minnestrone? Good old days, Minestrone, Orange Hopper, Threaded, er.... Don't think I've seen Mudskipper for a while. What happened to full forum search?

PS Oh yeh, I see he has revived a 2010 thread about cricket from the dead. Excellent lazy idea, much easier than posting new bollox.
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 12 March 2022, 10:15.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X