• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Blowing a hooley and tipping it down here. The DogTW will have to with to go out for a walk. For now she's just had a run round the garden.

TFIF, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning all

Another day closer to the heat-death of the Universe and all is sunny in Salford.

Electrician popping round to fit some extra sockets in junior's bedroom before it's redecorated.

Taking wifey out for dinner this evening. Taking junior to the firing range tomorrow morning, possibly via the gunshop as I feel like treating myself...

Have a good weekend all!

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning denizens

Up very betimes, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

This revealed that the refuse disposal operatives are back in early riser mode, as the recycling bins had already been done when I set out at 7:30am. So that's been trundled back in

It's a sunny morning out there at the moment, around 8°C when I went out, currently 9°, and 11° expected later; but also cloud, and probable (70-90%) showers this afternoon. Barometers are sharply down at 995/1003mB

Comment

Oh, and: coffee and a nectarine for breakfast

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 12. Rain forecast from mid-morning onwards. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Tired today. Getting out of bed was a struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Taking junior to the firing range tomorrow morning, possibly via the gunshop as I feel like treating myself...
              AMT .45 ACP Longslide 1911 Auto with Laser sight for Sir?

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010...-laser-siting/

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Windy.

Cold in here at 12.3 deg.

996 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1006 mBar last night), 72% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Meter readings taken as each stage progresses. The Horror! Oh The Horror!

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Still pissing down.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls back in the TD.

Still pissing down.

Freecell score in the morning ennui: 100%, running average: 88.78%.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing upstairs.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on R4 until it got too tedious for words.

Cottons out of the TD and pillow cases iRoned.

Bed made.

I see from the weather prognosticating engine that there's rain, hail, wind, and murrain of beasts forecast for tomorrow.

Well it is a Saturday after all.

I was tempted to apply for a job yesterday, but the feeling seems to have passed.

Tea: Tesco hatterd baddock, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charles Laughton.

Quantum Leap S5 E19 "The Beast Within": the bigfoot one.

Bab5 "The leg end of the Rangers" and a leg end it really was. Ho hum.

Thankfully it was a pilot that never made it to a series.

The one & only good thing was Andreas Katsulas as G'Kar: he never gave a bad performance.

Freecell score in the late evening ennui: 100%, running average: 89%
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2022, 22:51.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'm going to pop down the shops to beat the lunchtime rush, and also the weather that I see on the radar closing in from the south

Comment

Just back from an early walk to miss the rain.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shopping all done and dusted

I went to M&S first, then over to Sainsbury's. Mask-wearing seems to be diminishing in both

Lunch has been roast chicken bits from the Sainsbury's hot food counter; very tasty

Suppose I'd better get back to work now

Comment

Oh, and the bad weather hasn't arrived yet; judging by the radar it has a tendency to fizzle out before getting this far north and east, but it'll probably rain a bit after two or so

Comment

Working...
                      X