• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Surely they should be doing both at the same time?

Mind you if they separate them 2 call out fees for the landlord to pay...
    You think!

The chap who did the boiler service a few months ago did say that my landlady would save a lot of money if she booked them in at the same time. He said it was quite common for landlords to not do things until they were due because of some nonsense notion that doing the checks two months early means paying for something sooner than they have to

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Lunchtime walks seem to quite popular among this time, so I may end up following that practice more often

And upon my return, lunch was a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Comment

First loony lady free day for 3 days. Nasty long walk despite sunny weather, very muddy and through dull ploughed fields. Decided to go back a different way and was even muddier with lots of extra cow poo.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Knocked off, sorted out the recycling, and trundled forth the bin

To pass the time this afternoon, I did the mandatory Health & Safety for Homeworkers course. Apparently the most common cause of slips, trips and falls is poor housekeeping. I'm doomed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Knocked off, sorted out the recycling, and trundled forth the bin

To pass the time this afternoon, I did the mandatory Health & Safety for Homeworkers course. Apparently the most common cause of slips, trips and falls is poor housekeeping. I'm doomed
            No mention of hanta virus acquired from the rampaging mouse infestation of yore?

Just askin' like.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

No mention of hanta virus acquired from the rampaging mouse infestation of yore?

Just askin' like.
              For some reason they didn't cover that possibility

Comment

Cleaning beckons...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas

This was the last of the one that I stuck some white wine in, and it's very nice; must do that again

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another load of telly tonight, once again starting with the car people fixing up an old American car, though I can't remember what kind, and the Australians looking for gold, and the antique shop bloke.

Then the final part of This is Going to Hurt. It's very good, but also very heavy at times

And finally, S1E1 of The Dropout (TV Mini Series 2022– ), a dramatisation of the story of Elizabeth Holmes and all that Theranos malarkey, which seems pretty good

Early night now, for it is bin day tomorrow and I have a recycling bin to rescue

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X