• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Yer right! If I get drunk tonight it's your fault!

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/06/is-sm...s-in-16224634/
    Enjoy!

Comment

Chicken, tomato and lentil soup is underway in the InstantPot™. This one's going to be the sort with herbs rather than zingy

Comment

I went for a walk along to Tesco earlier today to buy some flowers as I haven't had any in the flat for a while.

The rest of the day has been spent doing exceptionally little.

The parentals phoned and I made arrangements with my Mum to visit them later this month on Mothering Sunday. I then emailed my Dad to tell him this and he confirmed that she forgot to mention it.

I have just realised that, during the aforementioned call, the WM bleated to announce completion of its duties and my duvet cover has been festering in the WM since about 3pm this afternoon. This has lead to the further realisation that the bed needs to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Chicken, tomato and lentil soup is underway in the InstantPot™. This one's going to be the sort with herbs rather than zingy
          The soup turned out nice again

Comment

Birthday party done, including some very fine rum. Now TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Soup divvied up: a bowl for lunch tomorrow, and five to go in the freezer

Tonight's viewing was Trucking Hell, which included a couple of newer people at Crouch but no Rory

And then the Air Crash Investigation into UPS Airlines Flight 6, brought down by lithium batteries

Better get to sleep now, given that I'm supposed to be working tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Dry, but a bit overcast, not looking like rain.

Now, I don't mean to be a boastful contractor, but we've just had a delivery of oil, the tank is full.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 11.4 deg.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.85 psi, (down from 1029 mBar last night), 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming pretty brightly this morning.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which the buildup and accumulation of detritus was noted: nearly time for another binbag adventure.

Lunch: scrambled egg (with an unexpectly large sprinkling of black pepper due to inattention by the cook) and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: my voices since anything else is beyond endurance.

Freecell score (other box):88%, running average 84%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Gene Wilder.

Quantum Leap S5 E15 "Blood Moon": the vampire one.

Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E24 "Silver lining" the one where they find traces of silver down a borehole. The excitement is palpable. Not.

Tedious beyond endurance.

NCIS S18 E10 "Watchdog": wtf has a dog fighting ring got to do with NCIS? Just askin' like. Oh. it's a federal crime. Well there's a thing.

I don't think I've ever seen so many * and ** reviews on this ep.

Bab5 "The Lost Tales" is distinctly odd, not what one might expect at all, in fact they should have stayed lost.

"NASA Secret Files" on Blaze: the usual UFO bollox but on another channel, Blaze being obsessed at the time with Ancient X Files instead.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2022, 08:53.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No news is good news.

Ain't that a fact.

Comment

Om.

Comment

Working...
                      X