• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I went for a walk to a local shop that opened just before first lockdown.

After noticing they sell loads of olives in different size jars, I got a couple of bananas and some Turkish delight.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Fingers crossed for a negative result and you're just suffering from seasonal malaise.
      I reckon it's just a bit of a cold, but I could do with getting some shopping done tomorrow or Thursday and there's no delivery slots by now, so it's better to know that it is indeed just a cold before venturing into the supermarkets

Comment

Had a socially distancing meetup outside with some loony ladies and 1 other loony bloke today.

Then brought Loony lady 1 the Himalayan salt lamp she wanted for xmas, she thinks they have major health benefits despite no evidence whatever. I note one claim is that they are supposed to boost libido, nice if that was true, I'd get a bit of nudgy wink. She intends to put it in her bedroom. Must get on with inserting that spy camera.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Had a socially distancing meetup outside with some loony ladies and 1 other loony bloke today.

Then brought Loony lady 1 the Himalayan salt lamp she wanted for xmas, she thinks they have major health benefits despite no evidence whatever. I note one claim is that they are supposed to boost libido, nice if that was true, I'd get a bit of nudgy wink. She intends to put it in her bedroom. Must get on with inserting that spy camera.
          Rookie mistake, you should have put the spy camera into the lamp!

Comment

Dinner (early for me but I was bored) is pie, buttery mash, peas and spinach. I have one portion of pie left. Freezer has been run down as I don't know what HWMBO's plans are...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The rain is raining as if it means to rain forever.
              Raining here too, and according to the weather app it'll probably continue unabated for at least the next twenty-four hours

Comment

I was going to get started on dinner (chicken curry) but a few minutes doing stuff around the kitchen to get everything in order left me feeling quite knackered

So the chicken has been transferred to the freezer, and dinner will be something that is less effort to arrange.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I was going to get started on dinner (chicken curry) but a few minutes doing stuff around the kitchen to get everything in order left me feeling quite knackered

So the chicken has been transferred to the freezer, and dinner will be something that is less effort to arrange.
                  Though I then remembered that the microwave really, really needed a clean (it's a combination fan oven so stuff can, and does, get baked on inside) and spent twenty minutes or so on that, so I'm not out for the count yet

Comment

You need to eat to keep your strength up!

Are you tasting things ok?

Comment

It did occur to me that as I was walking up to town anyway, I could pop into the market and get some stuff. But then I remembered I was supposed to go to the testing centre and back while avoiding interaction with other people as much as possible, and wandering around the aisles between the stalls assessing the qualities of different stallholders' onions doesn't really qualify

But it did remind me that it's really no great distance, and furthermore it feels even less now I'm fitter than I was at the start of the year, so I must get up there more often

Comment

Working...
                      X