• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning TPD!

Not radioactive yet, no view of Thermobaric explosions from Fortress Salford...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all
      A bit wet out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes this morning, so as to get things shipshape. As a result: green ring closed, and haircut procured en route

Grey start out, though dry; currently 7°C with 11° expected (though also showers this afternoon). Barometers down a bit at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.3 deg.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.65 psi, (down from 1012 mBar last night), 70% RH.

Thursday apparently.

The recycling engineers must have made their merry way by but if they did I didn't hear them go.

Lunch: pea and ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: commentary on Bab5 S5 E17 "Movements of Fire & Shadow": quite a fun one with the actors: "last time we worked together" & all that.

Commentary on Bab5 S5 E18 "The fall of Centauri Prime": JMS: not so much fun, as dry as ever.

The drizzle has abated: it's now pissing down & sounding lumpy with it.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Tea: fiery chilli con carne with rice, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

"Entertainment": Discovering Hanoi Jane. : :

Quantum Leap S5 E13 "LIberation": the women's lib one. :

Bab5 S5 E21 "Objects at rest".

Trucking Hell S5 E14. Odds on no Rory.

Bab5 S5 E22 "Sleeping in Light". The End. With Ivanova (despite her not being in S5 at all before this).

Bab5 S5 E22 "
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2022, 18:25.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Good morning TPD!

Not radioactive yet, no view of Thermobaric explosions from Fortress Salford...
            Morning

Comment

Morning

Lovely grey sky here.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No sign of the secure laptop they're sending me yet, so I can't access any of the links explaining the project. Introductory meeting at 10:30. So I'm passing the time with a toasted teacake

Comment

Meeting done. Towel wash on

There's another meeting this afternoon, but until then there's not a lot for me to do other than have a look at some GitHub repositories

Comment

Lunch: turkey soup and multiseed bread. Very tasty soup that one, but sadly that was the last of it. I might make it again if I can get the parts

Comment

Lunch: lentil and veg soup. Well it was a casserole pack cooked in the slow cooker and I added lentils to it, then more lentils.

For some reason I feel like I'm stalking NF....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X