• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey days are back in style it seems, but it's up to 9°C as a result, though not getting any higher; and it's going to start raining soon. Barometers are slightly up at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Zingy chicken and tomato soup with multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

In the chip shop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the chip shop
          And very nice too

This was the chip shop just up by Greggs that I've been forgetting exists for years. I finally went there last year, or maybe the year before, but then they had a fire and were closed for ages, meaning I forgot about them again

So tonight it was fish and chips, and it was very good, and freshly cooked

In addition to the usual chip shop stuff (including Pukka Pies, of course) they also do kebabs and were making several for delivery while I was waiting, and they look and smell good too. And their other speciality is curries, of which they have a wide range, which Google reviewers speak very highly of. So I'll have to start remembering they're there

Comment

Lots of aches and pains from gardening today (even if I took a couple of 40 minute breaks in the afternoon) now drugged up (paracetamol and naproxen)

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture premiere was National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007), being the second of that ilk and jolly good fun, like the first one was

And then another major motion picture premiere: Volcano (1997), in which central Los Angeles is afflicted with the eponymous geological phenomenon, causing considerable inconvenience for all concerned until the powers that be manage to get it under control, which they achieve in about eight hours as far as I could work it out. I suspect this film may not be wholly realistic or scientifically accurate, but it was entertaining enough as these things go

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless

Grey.

No current precipitation.

13.5 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, 65% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chilly grey gloom, met a chap from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde again, this time with his Mrs & a little dog, then the sun came out jusst as I returned home.

Freecell score: 100% (of 3), running average 84%.

Lunch: faggots & peas, a yellow corner yog (a bit odd but within BBE), bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWTW (if as such it might be defined, whilst we wait for the tanks to reach Downing Street).

I suppose I'd better do the dishes then.

Pissing down now.

Entertainment: Bab5 S3 E7 "Exogenesis": the alien parasite memory creature one.

Bab5 S3 E8 "Messages from Earth": the buried ship on Mars one.

"Alaska: Mysteries Unsolved" on Blaze : featuring an actual tinfoil hat wearing nutjob: Zombies of HAARP.

Very odd.

Tea: ham & mustard sandwiches, bramble jelly & marmalade ditto, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Forensics S1 E3: NZ forensics prog about a chap offed with a hammer: the miscreants dumb enough to keep said hammer & the offed one's property in a brief case in their living room.

During the ad break, a brief glimpse of Sarah Beeny on her "Renovate don't relocate" epic. She seems rather less well blessed than I recall. Unlike Carol Vorderman who seems to have gone the other way.

Forensics S1 E4: chap who chopped up his ex. & buried her in plastic & concrete.

Documentary "Wish You Were Here" again.

"Secret Allied Aircraft" on That's TV: WWII experimental aircraft.

I've never watched anything on That's TV before, but the level of operating takes your breath away with its ineptitude, cuts to ads in the middle of a sentence, no credits, just cuts to the next programme about the invasion of Okinawa.

Bab5 S3 E9 "Point of no return": the excrement is really hitting the aircon from now on in: a fortelling of two Centauri Emperors, one succeeding the other, martial law, and an appearance by Nurse Chapel.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 February 2022, 23:50.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all a tad breezy out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, though with much white fluffiness, and fairly mild at 8°C, maybe reaching 10° later. But there's drizzle expected to arrive very soon, and showers on and off through the afternoon

Barometers are down too, at 994/1002mB

Comment

Afternoon all

There was rain this morning but that has cleared away and, whilst it's cloudy, it's reasonably bright. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 8) and that's the high for the day. Barometer back down to 1006 mBar.

Yesterday was a very lazy, uneventful day so today we're off to New Malden to mooch around the Korean supermarkets as, for some reason known only to them, there is quite a significant Korean ex-pat community over that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X