• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing during dinner was a shortened S4 The Repair Shop, and after that I treated myself to the full length S8 one with the remarkable Victorian lightning machine and the peculiar bicycle

And then an Air Crash Investigation concerning a DC9 brought down when an F4 Phantom flew into it

No rain here yet but it's due later, possibly even becoming sleet around sunrise.

Goodnight all

Comment

Dull, dark, damp. No active precipitation but the road outside sounds wet when cars go past and my patio tiles are decidedly moist. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) and that's the high for the day. Rain expected until lunchtime. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Another busy day beckons, more coffee needed.

Comment

Morning.

Poor night's sleep for some reason: the torrential rain didn't help a lot, plus it took a while to fall asleep in the first place.

Dry (now).

Damp.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly out, but a surprising 14.3 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.6 Torr, 14.65 psi, 64% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Entertainment: Desert Island Discs.

Smalls out of the TD, but still damp.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Looks like there's snow on the tops of the mountains a bit further up the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.

The fisherpersons plus tent have returned to the res, so I expect another pile of cans by tomorrow, and an even bigger pile by Monday.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls into the TD 2nd pass.

Shirts roughly (very roughly) iRoned.

Smalls out of the TD, now much drier.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (boosted with some hot chilli powder by mistake) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: You & Yours for 5 minutes until the stupidity of some became too much to bear: hey, mofo, if it sounds too fecking good to be fecking true, then it's a scam FFS.

Freecell score: 100% (of 7), running average 84%.

Entertainment: Bab5 S2 E22 "The Fall of Night" wherein the excrement begins to contact the aircon, and Kosh saves someone's life.

Tea: Cap'n Birdseye battered haddock, a baked spud, baked beans, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Eli Wallach.

PF "The Endless Droning Tedium River".

Quantum Leap S4 E16 "Ghost Ship": The Bermuda Triangle one, very probably approved by The Ancient Astronaut Researchers. Hopefully a bit less singing than the one I switched off yesterday.

Bab5 S2 E22 "The Fall of Night" commentary by JMS.

The extras on dvd 6.

Bab5 S3 E1 "Matters of Honor(sp)".

10 minutes of some bollox or other on Quest about Roswell, the most inneresting thing being that the crash site is closer to another town in NM than it is to Roswell, so wtf is it known as the Roswell crash?

Prog involved AI powered lie detection of old video interviews with people from Roswell etc. back in the 80s & 90s.

Too much bollox even for me, so then it was "Strangest Things" on Blaze, a different load of bollux but slightly less tedious & irritiating than the Roswell thing.

No sign of the Ancient Alien Researchers so far.

Aha! And lo! Some copper scrolls found in the desert which refer to "A Great Treasure": obviously it's a list of stuff to be found down in The Money Pit on Oak Island. Al ist now klar.

Speaking of which, I see that "Das Boot" is showing on one of the film channels.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 February 2022, 22:42.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          sdfasdfasdf

I really ought to pay more attention!

Comment

Morning all

Rain & wind overnight has given way to blue skies.

TFIF, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Raining now

Comment

Bah! Loony lady 1 finds her MRI scan is booked on day we are going for our short holiday to IOW. Unless she can rebook at similar cost will be going on me own.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Some minor puddles suggest the rain did arrive overnight but it's gone now. The weather now is partly cloudy but getting sunnier all the time; but the price we pay for this illumination is that it's colder, at 4°C with no better than 6° expected this afternoon. Barometers down a little at 1000/1008mB

I keep thinking I ought to go shopping, but in reality the only thing I might be said to "need" is a specific kind of sausage from M&S, and I have plenty of others in the freezer. So I shall try to resist the temptation, or maybe only go if I can motivate myself to at least take some stuff to the tip or whatever at the same time

Comment

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Lunch: sausages in finger rolls
                      Reminds me of one of my old favourites from when I was young. Get a garlic baguette, cut the end off and put 2 sausages in (2 sausages are approx the same length as the bread), bake it, and hey-presto a giant garlic sausage roll.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X