• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Viewing during and after the evening meal was a new episode of Traffic Cops

And then a bit of a binge of all three episodes so far of the new series of 24 Hours in A&E. I was only going to watch one, but - spoiler alert - I wanted to finish on one that didn't introduce some charming old character and then tell you at the end that they died

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Pleasantly warm out for an early walk.

Comment

Morning.

Dampish.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 14.3 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768 Torr, 14.85 psi, 64% RH.

Wednesday.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sainitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the unseasonall warmth, during which a binbag and a quarter of assorted plastaic crap, glass bottles, & cans were collected, ready for the bin collection tomorrow.

The cans & bottles will recycle, the plastic foil crap will either go in a black bag or meet the bonfire as the fancy takes me (the plastic bottles are too dirty to recycle, the cans & glass meet a furnace so don't make so much).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (if as such it might be rather loosely defined thereby): TWAO.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Another binbag of crap collected, this time from the back lane.

Suitably clean (ish) cans and bottles now consigned to the recycling bag & bin.

Others soaking a bucket to see if some of the crap will come off in time for next week.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice'n peas, the last of the fruit salad, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Telly Savalas.

Quantum Leap S4 E14 "The last gunfighter".

NCIS LA: s11 ended yesterday. Without a "To Be Continued" due to Covid.

Bab5 S2 E13 "Hunter, Prey": the plot thickens: the President's Doctor one.

Bab5 S2 E14 "There all the Honor Lies": Fitting up Sheridan one with added Kosh.

Treadstone S1 E3. More of the ultraviolence.

Bab5 S2 E15 "And now for a word" (from our sponsors: The Psi Corps): the video documentary one: tops & bottoms of the image obviously cropped in this one.

Bab5 S2 E16 "In the Shadow of Za'ha'dum": Sheridan is read in by Kosh & Delenn, leading to the immortal line: "If you go to Za'ha'dum you will die". Sorry for the spoiler. Nice little touch from Vir.

It's inneresting to me how few of these S2 eps I remember.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2022, 08:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and dry. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 13 later. Barometer up a touch to 1024 mBar.

Tired this morning, but dragged myself up in time for the 9am stand up. Then had to investigate some issues raised by users, which resulted in a call to the migration vendor to ask why they didn't push empty folders even though their reconciliation report said they had.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 2 February 2022, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Barometer up a touch to 2014 mBar.
                Are you sure?

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, but dry and mild: currently 11°C and staying there, barometers up a bit at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you sure?
                    Whoops! Edited

Comment

Afternoon all! (It’s as good as dammit afternoon).

Dreary and cold in Notts today.

I’ve been planning an overnighter Slow Ways walk from New Ollerton to Newark.

This part of the country is often overlooked but I’ve become slightly obsessed by Laxton and its medieval field system and have discovered loads of history. It’s very strange that much of the 19th century coal-mining history has been wiped from the map around there - almost as if someone wants it forgotten…
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X