• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly tonight was some thing called The Moment of Proof on iPlayer, to do with the police solving the kidnapping of a Greek shipping magnate, and the wholly unrelated case of some Internet fraudsters.

Then Gomorrah S1E9, Gelsomina Verde (TV Episode 2014). Not very nice people to work for, these mafiosi

And then iPlayer suggested that if I liked Why Ships Crash, I might also like When Bridges Collapse: The Genoa Disaster. It was, of course, correct in this conjecture

Also, bonus points for being probably the first TV documentary about bridge collapses ever to have resisted the temptation to include footage of the Tacoma Narrows bridge shaking itself to pieces

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        A bit overcast out, but not too bad. Seems brighter today. Bumped in to a few locals, all, like me, were about 15 minutes early.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 12.9 deg in here.

1033 mBar, 30.5 in Hg, 774.8 Torr, 14.98 psi, 61% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Leg complained again, getting ready for its 2 year anniversary on the 26th of Feb.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Jeremy Vine & Alistair Campbell sticking the shiv into Bozo Boris Bunter the fat owl of the remove.

Followed by TWAO.

Originally posted by The Irish Times
          Bunter was referred to by the Removites as a “blinkering, blethering, burbling bandersnatch”, while his lies were dismissed as “piffling, pernicious porkers”.
          Further entertainment: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bchpyg

Some mild & half hearted tidying up undertaken: the vac has vacced, whilst the outside brush has brushed down various paths and the patio thing that's never used as a patio but the moss enjoys growing over, plus the rubbish & recycling is near the front gate in preparation for putting outside the gate later this evening.

Tea: chicken meatballs in chilli sauce with rice & peas, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Laurence Olivier.

Quantum Leap S4 E9 "A single drop of rain": the rainmaker one, though looking on the bright side it's not one about baseball, basketball, or septic football, for which, much thanks.

NCIS LA S11 E18 "Missing time": The UFO one.

Treadstone S1 E2 "": more ultraviolence.

Bab5 S1 E10 "Believers". The sky faerie one.

Bab5 S1 E11 "Suvivors". The explosion one with Garibaldi fitted up.

Bab5 S1 E12 "By any means necessary" G'Kar's flower one. I do love the interaction with Molari (a.k.a. "Sid the Snitch").
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 January 2022, 14:08.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast again. A touch warmer at 5 degrees and it might squeak up to 7 later. Barometer still at 1033 mBar. I have it a firmer tap than usual just to make sure it wasn't stuck.

Slept ok but did wake a couple of times in the night.

Busy day coming up, prepping for a retry of last week's migration plus planning the next one as we only have two months to get all the rest done.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day!

Not really any warmer for it yet though; currently 4°C, but 7° is a possibility for this afternoon. And officially it's "partly cloudy", though there's just a few very high wisps at the moment, so diaphanous they're barely noticeable unless you're looking for something to grumble about. Barometers are negligibly down at 1024/1032mB

And a towel wash that I've been meaning to put on for several days is finally on

Comment

There appears to be some blue in the sky but I'm not sure if that was just a figment of my imagination as it was gone when I looked up again.

Lunch is beans on toast.

Comment

Still sunny out, but some Simpsonesque fluffiness is hanging around too

Lunch: turkey soup and multiseed bread

And the towel wash came successfully to a conclusion and is now draped upon the clotheshorse

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Barometer still at 1033 mBar. I have it a firmer tap than usual just to make sure it wasn't stuck.
                    Yes, very little movement for some days now

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still sunny with blue skies out, and the odd bit of fluffiness; though I think there might be an extremely high layer of haze diffusing the sun slightly

Comment

Working...
                      X