• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread

Waiting to hear about the car… *drums fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      yep that's it. Amused me.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Still waiting on the car…

It's turning very foggy out

Comment

Still clear skies here, but I can see the mist forming in the valley.

Almost Friday Fizz time.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Car's home!

Comment

Lovely tea: thick-cut ribeye steak, with chips, fried onions and beans

The fog cleared up, or largely so, quite suddenly around half eight. Down to -1°C now

Pre-prandial viewing was a full-length episode of The Repair Shop, S8E11

And whilst dining, some thing which claimed to be about police raids in the listings but about raids more generally in its title sequence, and includes things like Trading Standards seizing dodgy chargers from phone shops and British Gas finding a meter that's been tampered with in a takeaway. Tip: if your takeaway's gas usage drops to one-seventeenth of its previous level between meter readings, expect a visit

Comment

The fog came back again

As that happened, I indulged in, or endured, the Marvel Comics premiere Eternals (2021), which as far as I can work out from people on Twitter who know about Marvel Comics is something to do with setting up a new series of films based on their comics but they've changed a bunch of stuff from the Eternals comics (which are quite old comics anyway) to make it easier to do lots of films after this, because if they'd stuck by the story in the comics they wouldn't have been able to make as many films after this, or something? I dunno

Anyway, I almost gave up on it an hour through, because it was just setting up backstories for characters; but then it finally started having a story of its own. So I put up with the rest of it, though my final conclusion was that this film wasn't a good way to get people to watch Marvel Comics films

And then some other stuff, but I really ought to get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.8 deg.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768 Torr, 14.85 psi, 63% RH.

Saturday.

The scaffolders are busy next door but one.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunless grey. Since it's warmer, the mud has melted since yesterday.

Rescued a lost toy belonging to some kid or other.

Lunch: chicken in white sauce with rice, a couple of yogs, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The News Quiz. I rather miss Alan Coren.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, some peach slices, a yog x2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more of the Ancient Aliens bollox: none of which was particularly believable.

Followed by:

Roswell S2 E5 "Control" being the 2nd half of the Hollywood ep, pity the saucer hadn't been put back together properly, damn human incompetence.

Roswell S2 E6 "To have and to hold": tedious mildly amusing wedding ep.

Roswell S2 E7 "Interruptus": slightly less tedious & quite amusing honeymoon ep in La Jolla complete with evil alien.

Roswell S2 E8 "Behind the music": mildly amusing musical ep, Frakes doing another commentary.

Curiously enough, all of these were far more believable than the Ancient Aliens bollox.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 January 2022, 23:58.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and sunny. Currently 14 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain expected.

Had a day of culture yesterday, visiting the Hypogeum and Tarxien Temples. Then dinner was at a restaurant serving local dishes, all washed down with cocktails and wine.

Today is our last day and we're as yet undecided as to what we'll be doing.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

No fog now but cloudy, so a bit warmer at 3°C with a possible 4° overnight, but also a 40% chance of rain later; barometers are on the way down at 1015/1023mB

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Entertainment: The News Quiz. I rather miss Alan Coren.
                      Indeed

Comment

Working...
                      X