• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    test 123
    Steady, lad, steady…

Comment

Happy New Year, TPD!

Comment

Happy new year all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Seeking something appropriate for New Year, I decided to rewatch Snowpiercer (2013), which as you no doubt recall includes a very brief New Year scene in the midst of the running battle as the train crosses the Yekaterina Bridge, marking the start of its eighteenth year on its non-stop journey around the world. It's unclear whether these journey years correspond to years as we understand them, but it'll do

And then some slightly less New Year related stuff as they cut the link with this season of the year for Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995); I don't know why, but maybe the exigencies of filming an over-the-top heist movie in New York in late December would have required a larger budget. Anyway, even without the seasonal trappings, it's cracking stuff

Finally, is it too soon to rewatch Oblivion (2013)? Probably; but I did anyway. I like it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Oddly UnWet for a change, it being dry.

Warm in here at 15.9 deg.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 68% RH.

Saturday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the greyness. Thought it was about to rain but it didn't.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a couple of mince pies (Morrisons The Best unreduced despite what it said on the shelf), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the repeat of The News Quiz review of 2021.

Apparently ITV are remaking "The Ipcress File".

One notes that Pick are showing "Monkey Life Specials" at the moment. May be of innerest to some.

Freecell score: 100% (of 13), running average 84%.

Tea: the final portion of fiery bol with spag, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard: yet more Wolseley 6/90 action (this one from 1961 so the 6/80 had been retired by then) about some unfortunate peterman that got himself variously coshed & blowed up a bit. Hadn't seen this one before.

Part of a Moon Landing Conspiracy nutjob prog on Blaze: this one, rather than out & out doubting the veracity of what we all saw at the time, rather was into debunking assorted space related conspiracy theories, which made a change until Gary McKinnon made an appearance, whereupon I switched to sommat else.

Doctor Who "Eve of the Daleks": groundhog day with Daleks.

More UFO nonsense on 5. The power of was strong in this.

Half a programme about ice age animals found in Siberian permafrost.

Roswell S1 E16 "Sexual Healing"

Oddly the commentary on this was rather better than the ep.

Must say that Roswell has aged far less well than BTVS & Angel, but there you go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2022, 09:38.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Early walk to get some of that shiny thing in the sky, forget what it's called. Back to grey now.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon all

Overcast but reasonably bright. Dry. Currently 16 degrees ('feels like' 14) and that's the high for the day. Rain expected this this afternoon. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

The Cristal HWMBO bought the other day turned out to be a display bottle, not for sale! He was a bit upset by that and we're waiting for the shop to reopen so we can either get a real bottle of fizz or a refund. Fortunately we had a back up bottle of fizz in the fridge so we had something to toast the new year in with.

Happy New Year to all of you and yours!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit on the grey side again, but very mild for the time of year: 14°C with 11° on the cards for tonight. Barometers up but only by a single point, at 1005/1013mB

Comment

Afternoon all
                      just when i thought 2021 couldn't get worse, my fridge/freezer went phut! yesterday afternoon.
                      giving away food to local families now, so i've begun 2020 as a philanthropist.

Happy new year all.

Comment

Working...
                      X