• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obligatory Christmas Night ritual: setting up my Dad’s new printer

Comment

Exciting afternoon!

I got a lead on finding my Irish grandfather!

Happened upon my great grandfather's WWI pension records which revealed many facts, previously held to be true, were in fact false. I was concerned I had the wrong person but an element of the records was a copy of his death certificate which stated he died at home, at an address associated with the family from the 1930's to the 1990's!!

Now watching Morecambe and Wise. Their previously lost, but recently found, episode is airing at 7.45pm on BBC2.

Comment

I also watched Morecambe & Wise

My parents have both gone to bed now, so I’m browsing the channels I don’t get at home. One had an interesting thing about the London Underground, and another has a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop S2 later.

Comment

Watched assorted bits after The Repair Shop such as 24 Hours in A&E and some stuff about extreme engineering. Then I had to deal with some extreme engineering to work out how to close the curtains in my sister’s old bedroom (which is still referred to as [sister’s] room even though my old bedroom hasn’t been referred to as my room for twenty years or more).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Intermittently torrential.

Sunless.

Dark grey.

Wet, very wet.

Dire.

14.2 deg in here.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 65% RH.

Sunday.

Rain stopped for a while so the Walk (unabbreviated) was walked.

The sun came out briefly before the rain returned just as I returned home.

Lunch: Brains faggots with peas & sausages & roasties & a roast onion, if it survives the cooking process a big feckoff mince pie with yet more of the mince bequeathed by Strangelove Mater, this BBE 2016 , 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: certainly not ISIHAC which was switched off, now: Oz Customs thing: the one where the Malaysian chap has shat out his pellets & has alarmed customs with the pong: 6 years.

Lunch: very nice, mince pie: very nice: forgot the roasties & onion again so I'll have those now, just.

Entertainment: The final 10 minutes or so of "The Shootist (1976)" with that Duke Wayne fellow, so good I watched it again on the +1.

Freecell score: 100%, running average (on this box) 83%.

Tea: sausage sandwich, yog, bramble jelly sandwich, the last of the mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the usual UFO nonsense on Blaze: word perfect on that one.

About 5 minutes of "The Stand" on Horror, being the televisualisation of the Stephen King novel and lasting for about 8 hours non stop.

Apparently inspired in part by "Earth Abides" with demons & tulip like that thrown in to make it a doorstop.

Entertainment: "Daleks Invasion Earth - 2150 AD (1966)" with that Peter Cushing and Bernard Cribbins.

2nd, final, & rather better production than the first outing a year or so earlier.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060278/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Nice to see the RoboMen again after all this time.

Philip Madoc getting his hand in for "The Germans" though using his actual accent for a change, look you, there's tidy then.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 December 2021, 20:55.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright of a sort but overcast. Wet but no active precipitation at this moment. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Rain forecast until lunchtime after which the sun may come out. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

Bed stripped and airing. Jeans in the WM.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Colin O'Brady arrives on the coast of the Ross Sea to become the first person to cross Antarctica solo and unaided 2018

Comment

Yeh! I've just won the National Lottery!

Oh! 5 quid and a free lucky dip ticket.

PS Have to refresh this TPD so many times it's becoming unusable!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

A bit grey and damp out, 7C here but 6 at home, barometers hardly changed at 996/1004mB

Lovely aroma of roast beef being cooked for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      PS Have to refresh this TPD so many times it's becoming unusable!
                      More than 5 or 6 refreshes?
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X