• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Anyone else having problems with Freeview? Loads of channels, including BBC, unavailable round here. Due to "high pressure" apparently. Eh?

Good thing I've also got Freesat and the net.
    Seem to be working OK here in the East Midlands. And according to the barometer app, the pressure has gone down today if anything; it was much higher earlier in the week

Comment

Tea has been a roast shoulder of lamb dinner; exceedingly nice, exceedingly filling

The shoulder took up too much room in the roasting tin to do the spuds in there, so I roasted them separately in goose fat, which I bought in case of having to make my own Christmas dinner again. They turned out very well, so now I can't decide if I prefer duck fat instead

It's been raining a bit out, though in theory it's stopped now until tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Successful trip to the parentals via a stand in the rain to say hello to an old friend of mine who I've not seen for over a year. Her and her family have been quarantined due testing positive for lurgy. So a chat on the door step was had, with me getting soaked and her staying warm and dry. The things I do for my friends!

The parentals are both well, both still bonkers. They're looking forward to HWMBO and I taking them out for dinner on the 29th, assuming the restaurant doesn't cancel.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 23 December 2021, 22:28.

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Dark.

Dreary.

Grey.

Warmer at 14.1 deg in here.

1001 mBar, 29.559 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 63% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Could have done without waking at 05:10ish from a dream involving a job I had 30 years ago in radio telemetry.

Fortunately returned to the land of nod to awaken from another dream at 08:20, this dream involving a worn out shirt (of which I have many) and needing to change it because the shirt pocket had a hole in it & the thumb drive kept falling out but that meant I was going to be late for work.

Plainly a nightmare.

Curiously enough the parents were also in the dream, as happens now & again.

So him next door is on the train to stay with his mother & stepfather for Xmas day, whilst her next door will drive up on Boxing day.

Glad I'm not doing any of that: bah fecking humbug.

Just before Xmas 2019 we (the adults) came up with A Cunning Plan to avoid all this tulip. The plague put paid to that.

Walk (abbreviated due to the inclement weather) walked in the intermittent rain.

Excitement on the way up past the cemetery where a black maria police van with miscreant in the back was observed, miscreant's mate in attendance, from the house where the woman was murdered some years ago.

Originally posted by free scumbag
            They won't send you down on Xmas Eve
            Thought quietly to myself: "well that's a pity then".

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned, now airing in the back bedroom.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (x1.5) on Morrssons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4 on a different box), running average 82%.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Shaun The Sheep. Larf out loud funny in parts.

Secrets of Britain: MI6 on Yesterday.

Roswell: the pllot S1 E1 & Ep2 "the morning after".

Thing on PBS about the making of the John Boorman classic "Excalibur"
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2021, 23:56.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You must have some big smalls if you can fit only them in the WM.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Bright enough out, some cloud. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Rain forecast all afternoon. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Smalls in the WM. Meat and pastry for my pie taken out of the freezer to cook when its defrosted. Just making up a shopping list for a wander up to Waitrose to see what's left. Hopefully they won't have sold out of agave syrup as I need that for some cocktails

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Twenty years after its intial release, 'Do They Know It's Christmas' is Christmas number one again 2004

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  You must have some big smalls if you can fit only them in the WM.
                  I don't know about DrS but I tend to do one smalls wash every couple of weeks and I usually use the 40 degree wash cycle whereas my other clothes go on at 30

Comment

Just spotted a load of Timeshift episodes on iPlayer so I've downloaded them all to keep me occupied over the next couple of days.

Comment

Riding on a train....

Having to listen to someone moaning in another language.

She is definitely moaning.

Trying to guess the language.

Miss the times going out in London with different peoples where one of your group could tell you exactly what someone else was saying.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X