• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Waiting for my day 2 test results. Walked the dog earlier, but made sure I stayed away from anyone by choosing a less popular route.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There's an on-going debate/discussion/row between customer services, master data, purchasing and pricing teams. I'm getting copied in on the emails. They relate to something called a "Beaver Blade"

I'm almost scared to google it, but it makes me snigger each time.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 767.3 Torr, 63% RH.

Tuesday according to reports.

Shopping trip to Tesco by shanks' pony. Takes a while.

Walk (abbreviated) walked thereafter since it's flat all the way to Tesco & it's not flat on the walk.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

First mince pie of the season: Tesco el cheapo: as nice as the expensive ones as far as I'm concerned.

No Oz customs thing. I fecking hate Xmas. Bah fecking humbug. By Thursday almost everything will be paused for the "festivities". Bah! Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? Bah! Humbug!.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Freecell score: 100% (of 2), running average 84%.

Nearly the solstice at 15:52.

Getting closer at 15:55.

And there we have it: 15:59: Merry Saturnalia.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, peach halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Dial 999" an ATV production which, rather curiously, has a Canadian as the lead detective.

Quantum Leap S3 E12 "8 & a half months". Disturbing.

NCIS LA S10 E20 "Choke Point". This informed me that it's illegal to own a hedgehog in Californa.

No "Rookie" this evening, presumably due to the festive crap.

Dr Pimplepopper's Xmas pop special: lots of limpomas and the odd cyst or dozen.

Father Xmas had a particularly impressive cyst.

The Bad Skin Clinic: lady with facial psoriasis misdiagnosed as seborrheic dermatitis: wrong treatment for 11 years, 3 months of the correct treatment & she's much better.

Lady with relapsing polycondritis: serious tulip: very rare: referred on.

Chap with a lipoma under the muscle on his side: removed very neatly under GA in one pop.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2021, 23:19.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast yet again. Currently 6 degrees and it might squeak up to 7 later. No rain expected. Barometer continues its downward trend to 1026 mBar.

Happy winter solstice! Everything gets better after today.

Today is also my 5G upgrade day I'm guessing it'll be Moderna as I don't think your average pharmacy has the storage facilities for Pfizer.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Walt Disney's first full length animated film 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' premiers in Los Angeles 1937

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            There's an on-going debate/discussion/row between customer services, master data, purchasing and pricing teams. I'm getting copied in on the emails. They relate to something called a "Beaver Blade"

I'm almost scared to google it, but it makes me snigger each time.
            Sounds like the sort of beaver you don't want to cross paths with on a dark night

Comment

Morning denizens

Happy Winter Solstice!

The precise moment of solstice is 15:59 UTC (and a few seconds, I assume) should you wish to realise just after 16:00 that you forgot and missed it

Another grey day here, and a bit chilly too at 4°C with no more than 5° on the cards

Barometers down a bit again at 1018/1026mB. Still quite high relatively speaking, though

Today's LFT result: negative

Comment

And Moderna it was. Although they were offering Pfizer to people having their first or second jabs.

Comment

A fairly elderly black lady walking with a stick just crossed the road outside with a 20lb sack of potatoes balanced on her head

Comment

Lunch has been a roast pork wholemeal bap with apple sauce

And I have taken delivery of a "smart" lightbulb. The bulb in the living room went ages ago and I hadn't got around to replacing it because it's such a faff dealing with the stepladder. Though as always, once I actually set my mind to it, the faff took about three minutes including getting the stepladder and putting it away again

Said bulb is now integrated with the HomeKit hub in the Apple TV, so I can tell Siri on my watch to turn the light on and after a second or two cogitating and communicating over the network, the light comes on; similarly for off. It can also change colour in response to me fiddling about with a colour wheel on my phone. All very exciting, I'm sure

I've set it to come on just after sunset each day, to see how that works out. I also set it to come on when I arrive home, on the off chance that's easier than just turning it on as I walk in the door

Comment

Finally got around to making a fruit cake, just as a delivery arrived that HWMBO had organised comprising much cake. Two types of pannetone to go with the ones other people have bought me.

I suspect I'll end up giving away the cake I've made

Comment

Working...
                      X