• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a few M&S honey & mustard cocktail sausages with a bag of plain crisps

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hey DrS, have you been talking to The Metro??

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/25/two-s...ndon-20716892/

‘This is 100% something a One Eyed Witch would warn as a sign of some disaster about to happen,’ wrote Doc Strangelove.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright and dry with wispy fluff. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 13 expected. No rain forecast but it is likely to cloud over this afternoon. Barometer down a snifter to 1006 mBar.

I didn't get the flat. A couple with a child got it because they wanted an 8 year term. Can't argue with that. I've decided I will quit my place and hope that something suitable presents itself within the next two months. I will pop down to my storage place tomorrow for a recce to see what room it's got and clear out the tat I'm never going to use. Then start planning what to put in it to make the move easier.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Damply dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly inhere at 13.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 999.5 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of September there was more discussion of "Stargate", while NF had some of his scotch broth for lunch which was very nice, then, as is correct, went to the Chinese for his tea, having an extended conversation with the lady behind the counter on the state of the nation, people being generally unhappy, and other such things. The meal turned out well.

Weird dream: esteemed customers & me in a lab on a space station, obviously with gravity generator since we weren't floating about, managed to get them all to feck off (where to?) then found myself walking down some hill or other to the railway station, which was supposed to be Newport but looked nothing like it, only to find I'd forgotten my wallet and had 74.5 p in my pocket, 55 miles from home. WTF?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, wan sunshine, sprinkling of rain.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Whatever the feck replaces Y&Y on a Friday.

TWATO.

The chap feeding himself for a year from what he can grow on his small holding.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:32.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another sunny start but with some widely-distributed wisps of high haze, and supposedly continuing "cloudy" all day. I believe it was supposed to get down to freezing overnight but it's back up to 5°C now, and expected to get as high as 11° later, though is that really a lot for late April? The barometers are steady at 992/1000mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc.

Another 10km walked this morning, with some light cloud around.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was accompanied by the remainder of a Police Interceptors I didn't bother watching to the end the other day.

And then I finally got around to watching all three episodes of Breathtaking, ITV's drama based on Dr. Rachel Clarke's book of the same title, about how the Covid pandemic's early days played out in hospitals - accompanied by a generous sprinkling of actual footage of members of the government lying about PPE, testing, care homes, and everything else they lied about. Thoroughly enraging, after the manner of Mr. Bates vs. the Post Office, and well worth watching

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: burger and fries

These were not just any fries, they were M&S frozen fries. They cooked well in the air fryer, though they needed a few minutes longer than the packaging said

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Compost arrived and they were good enough to put the dumpy bags on the grass, rather than on the gravel.
    One of my meetings finished a few minutes early, so I decided to catch up on last night's animal action. The hedgehog wars continue with the big biffer biffing the other hogs. There also seemed to be some consternation that I had not put out enough food before their 21:36 hunt, although they seemed happier when they saw it at 23:45

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Late lunch has been ham sandwiches, as the ham needed to be eaten and I didn't feel like making toasties

The bread was fresh from M&S as I've been there shopping for a change, pending arrival of the replacement Nectar card. Among other delights, I also splashed out on some big fancy eclairs, and came across some things described as "Chocolate Peanut Clusters" which seemed highly relevant to my interests

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

This morning it was all blue sky with wispy fluff. This afternoon it's dull and overcast. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon / evening. Barometer down to 1007 mbar.

I didn't go to the IMAX yesterday to see Dune Part 2. I really want to see it but the prospect of an 8.30pm showing that will last 2h45m (plus adverts) was more than I could face in the end.

I haven't heard back about the flat offer, so I need to chase that. I suspect I would have been called straight away if it had been accepted. This means I need to decide: do I concede to my landlady's demand for more money and a fixed term rather than rolling two months notice, or give notice and hope that something I like comes up within the next two months. I very much dislike being pushed into these things.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This was accompanied by E1 of Pompeii: The New Dig on iPlayer. Very interesting, so I'm going to watch E2 as well
    Top tip, thank you!

I also noticed that there might be more episodes of The Repair Shop, or that an old repeat? It's hard to tell...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No lunch yet because I want to go shopping, but something was amiss with my Nectar account. Upon investigation by a gentleman on their phone line (who appeared to be working from a nursery judging by the noises off) it transpired that somebody had managed to report my card as lost and request a new card, and had also somehow changed the name on the account to Joseph Smith and the email address to one from a well-known Russian email provider. Not sure just how desperate Putin is because of sanctions, but he's going to have to make do without my ~£120 worth of Nectar points as they've deactivated the account and sent me a new card

Just checked in my password manager and the password for the account is a complex autogenerated one, so no idea how they got in. But a bit of Googling suggests that Nectar's provisions against account takeover are, shall we say, not exactly best-in-class

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

The mention of the mandolin reminds me of the "Vegomatic" which resides unused in the shed even yet, after a mere half century of neglect.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts, mostly high overcast.

Chilly in here at 13.7 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen & leanto, 10.4 deg in the saltinghouse.

1002.5 mBar, 29.6 in Hg, 751.94 Torr, 14.54 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric)

Meanwhile on the 20th of September 2019 NF had a lamb shank in a red wine sauce which was, reportedly, inordinately nice, whereas I watched "Stargate(1994)" but was somewhat unimpressed thereby, finding it a bit slow in the middle.

The shirts & smalls in the WM.

Shirts & smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Freecell score: 83%, running average: 86%.

Lunch baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Gap Finders. Toast: Green Shield Stamps.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs, along with the smalls.

Entertainment: the remainder of The Infinte Monkey Cage S18 "The Human Voice" followed by

The Infinite Monkey Cage S18 "GCHQ". The audience was Very Quiet. .

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%

Veronica Mars S1 E18 "Weapons of class destruction". The naughty Feeb fitting someone up for a skool bombing one.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, though I did see my shadow at one point.

Tea: chilli con carne (Morrisons) etc. Nice enough, better than the Tesco version.

Entertainment: PM

The Mentalist S2 E21 "18-5-4". The clown one with the universal hack.

The Directors: Kathryn Bigelow.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 19:16.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque start out there today, though expected to get a bit cloudier, again. Also staying fairly cool at 7°C now and reaching 10° for approximately an hour around lunchtime before getting cooler again, and possibly plummeting to freezing tonight. The barometers are decidedly down again at 992/1000mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Up and out early this morning, managed over 10km and under 10min per km.
    A bit overcast, but not looking like rain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X