• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

56. Cancer.

10+ years ago I would wear a suit maybe 4 times a year to weddings and the odd contract negotiation. In the last 2 years I’ve worn a tie twice. Both were to funerals.
    getting old sucks.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing was a bit of the new episode of Police Interceptors

And then a couple more episodes of Air Crash Investigation, both concerning the inadvisability of allowing pilots to fly unwittingly into thunderstorms

No new Trucking Hell for me because it's on one of the channels that doesn't get through our rubbish aerial, even with the signal booster. But I assume it'll turn up on the My5 app soon

The weather app informs me that it's snowing here, but it isn't, or not in any form one would recognise as snow. The road outside looks a bit damp, but there's no more evidence of inclement weather than that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        TFIF, etc

Comment

Morning all

Dull, dark, damp. No active precipitation at time of reporting but signs of such an occurrence before I got up. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 9 later. More rain expected this morning and another round early evening. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

I felt quite awake when I was lying in bed avoiding getting up but now I feel tired again.

Kantar didn't send a diary for 2022 so I'll either have to do my own fact hunting or stop next year. Most fact collation sites are very US centric.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
          The first pizza party held in space by astronauts of the International Space Station 2017

Christiaan Barnard carries out the first heart transplant on Louis Washkansky in Cape Town, South Africa 1967

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day. Whatever was supposed to have transpired in the way of "snow" last night has left no trace other than a slight dampness here in the city. Currently 6°C and heading for 8°, and the barometers are on their way down again at 995/1003mB. Rain possible this evening, likely overnight

Quite a decent night's sleep was had, I think

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in not currently raining, snowing, hailing or murraining of beasts).

Sunny.

Misty/foggy.

Warmer at 14 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 753 Torr, 62% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Trip to the bank to get some money (no shotguns involved, but I wore a mask) and pay the barclaycard on the new (to me) machine I used last month. Took two attempts to get it right, but in the end I was Reginald Molehusband with money successfully withdrawn & CC duly paid off.

Walk (abbreviated due to knee & the trip to town) walked.

Smalls out of the TD as I returned.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and awaiting the iRon.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toast, bramble jelly sandwich on the toasted last slice (not much of an improvement) bramble jelly sandwich on crust of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of the Oz customs thing that I didn't recall amongst bits that I've seen quite frequently.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing in the back bedroom.

Smalls airing in the front bedroom.

Cottons out of the TD & airing on the banisters, revealing the lack of a pillowcase which was discovered stuck to the drum of the WM.

Pillowcase in the TD.

Next batch of bol cooked.

Next batch of chilli con carne cooked.

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky haddock, the last of the tinned pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Groucho Marx.

Quantum Leap S2 E22 "MIA" a curious one.

NCIS S10 E8 "The Patton Project". Squirrels coming home to roost.

"Flight 737 Crash: 10 Fatal Mistakes" 737 Max debacle.

Something else, probably Trucking Hell from yesterday.

The bits I watched during advert breaks in NCIS appeared to be Rory free, and featured Michael from Lantern . Ho hum.

Number 1 hits from 1976. Gawdelpus.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 December 2021, 23:05.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                No new Trucking Hell for me because it's on one of the channels that doesn't get through our rubbish aerial, even with the signal booster. But I assume it'll turn up on the My5 app soon
                It's not there yet. I'm keeping an eye out as I didn't get around to watching it live via the via the Channel 5 website last night.

Comment

Popped out to trundle the recycling bin back in. Much to my surprise, the ones that had been left in the back lane (or whatever it is) last night had been emptied and returned, and the ones that had been put out in the street had also been returned there! It's just like pre-pandemic days when the bin folk occasionally did what they're supposed to

So the bin has been brought from there into our back yard. Now I'm wondering what to do next week: put it out the back and hope this state of affairs continues, or put it out on the street?

Comment

Just received a rather amusing Private Eye Christmas card through the window attached to a brick.

Actually, it might be attached to a book, it's wrapped very well.

Comment

Quite peckish this morning, so a slice of buttered wholemeal toast to the rescue

Now trying to decide what order to do various things I have to do in

Comment

Working...
                      X