• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Forgot to mention that it's raining a bit - just spits - with a bit of a nippy breeze.
    it's a led zep night in sarf herts.
    'cold wind from valhalla'
    proper protestant
    positively King Billy.
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    time for a rum and ginger i think

Comment

Took a fair-sized bag of recycling down and, as that filled the bin to capacity, trundled it a day early. If the City Wardens don't like it, well, there's already a bunch of other bins that have been left out there since last week and they have house numbers on, so they'll go for the easy kill

I could do with taking another, smaller bag down, but I'll wait until others have trundled and see if I can get it in one of theirs.

Comment

Round our way if you put your rubbish out on the wrong day you will occasionally get a big 'WRONG DAY!' sticker put on it, which does nothing of course.

I did complain about a block a couple of doors up whose residents regularly dumped their rubbish on the street instead of their communal bins. I took photos and sent them into the council. I'm guessing they did something as they stopped doing it after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Round our way if you put your rubbish out on the wrong day you will occasionally get a big 'WRONG DAY!' sticker put on it, which does nothing of course.

I did complain about a block a couple of doors up whose residents regularly dumped their rubbish on the street instead of their communal bins. I took photos and sent them into the council. I'm guessing they did something as they stopped doing it after a while.
          Yes, I sometimes see the City Wardens clucking over bins; I even know a couple of them slightly as they've been to the Neighbourhood Watch meetings. But they seem to have given up on bins from our main road terrace being left on the side road, perhaps because the bin men are supposed to come up the back lane and get them, and the only reason there's any bins out there is that they don't, which is really the council's problem

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas, and very tasty it was too

Accompanied by an episode of Air Crash Investigation, about the DC-10's unfortunate tendency to suddenly shed its cargo doors at altitude

Comment

For want of any repair-based programmes, further viewing was some more air crash stuff, this time about the famous Gimli Glider. I've seen a programme about that before, but I'm not sure if I'd seen this one; anyway, it's a good story so worth watching again

And then some American customs and border stuff, which is no different to the ones repeated endlessly on Pick except it was in HD and wasn't about ten years old. Same old crap though

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 5 later. Rain expected overnight. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

Heartily disappointed that it's Thursday, not Friday.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                French mining engineer Louis Paul Cailletet becomes the first person to liquefy oxygen 1877

The long-awaited music video for 'Thriller' premiers on MTV 1983

Comment

^^^ do any of that with your rubbish in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Swansea & you'll get a fine.

New ep of "Trucking Hell" this evening.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold at 13.1 deg C in here.

1014 mBar, in Hg, Torr, 62% RH.

Thursday by all accounts.

Went arse over tit on the garden path whilst taking stuff down to the compost heap, just to really really make my fecking day.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons oak & barley bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the usual Oz customs bollox.

In other other news: my knee hurts after this morning's unexpected exercise.

Two pairs of jeans and a workshirt in the WM.

Two pairs of jeans & a workshirt out of the WM & into the TD.

Overalls in the WM at 60 deg.

Jeans & shirt out of the TD.

Overalls out of the WM and into the TD.

More putting resistors into little drawers bought from B&Q this afternoon.

The excitement was palpable. Especially since I can't read these blue bodied 1% resistors easily (or at all without a magnifier and a tungsten lamp).

Overalls out of the TD and airing on the newel post.

Tea: the last portion of fiery chilli con carne out of the freezer with rice, some pear halves (they're not so nice now most of the sugar is taken out), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Rock Hudson.

Joy of Painting: again the was strong in this:

Quantum Leap S2 E21 "Sea bride".

Discovering John Malkovich.

Trucking Hell.

NCIS LA S10 E7 "One of us".

Doomsday caught on camera.

Unsolved Mysteries: Mary Lou Morris & Mary McGinnis Morris murdered within 3 days of each other.

No Terminator was observed in the area.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 December 2021, 23:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny, frosty start: currently 2°C, up from 1° not thirty minutes ago, with no better than 4° expected. And there's a 70-80% chance of rain, sleet, and even snow tonight, so I may run errands today. On the other hand, it's also predicted to be 5° and climbing by tomorrow's sunrise at 7:56, so maybe there's no need to rush. Barometers are up at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      New ep of "Trucking Hell" this evening.

Comment

Working...
                      X