• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Got home about 3.45 pm, having to take the scenic route via the circle line due to the tube strike. Took ages due to huge service gaps.

Had a nap on the train as expected and felt better for it. Had a nap on getting home and am now finally eating something substantial (a sandwich picked from Paul opposite Earls Court Station earlier).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Bed peeled and airing, pending nice clean sheets tonight
        Bed made again

Comment

The weather app is now babbling of snow at eleven tonight

Comment

Friday night special: gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans. Lovely stuff

It's turned very wet and windy out

Just rain here in the city at the moment I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit sleety

Comment

A tad breezy out. Arm a bit sore as well.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Asura: The City of Madness (2016), a Korean film. I thought it might be one of those with elegantly choreographed violence, but it's one of those with realistic, and therefore deeply unpleasant, violence. But the story involving all these terrible things is good, so it's worth a watch if you can stomach it

And then certain rewatching of things; details available on request

It still seems very windy out but, as often seems to happen, the storm spiralled in such a way that we mainly got the calm in the eye and the stuff in the trailing spiral arm

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    The Dogtw didn’t enjoy the wind last night, so not much sleep for her or me. Surveying the damage to the lawnmower house (lost its roof altogether) and the summerhouse (lost some felt off the roof) apart from that, it’s not too bad.
                    Arm very sore.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Very windy.

Quite bright.

Cold in here at 13.5 deg.

1001 mBar, 29.56 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 64% RH.

Saturday.

A tad breezy overnight.

Two power cuts at 00:40ish.

Much banging & crashing outside but everything looks like it survived.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the semigale and sunshine.

Couple of trees down.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt non blue bread (I checked), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 85% (of a lot of plays ), running average 84%.

Entertainment: it's fecking Saturday, there isn't any.

Tea: spag & the last of the fiery bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard with Edgar Lustgarten for my weekly fix of Wolseley motor cars.

Fred Dibnah rabbiting on about long obsolete stuff on BBC4.

Possibly How to build British on More4: Caterham 7 (presumably).

Chap at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde had a Caterham 7.

It looked uncomfortable, but rather more professionally built than the Dutton Phaeces of yore (and that was after I'd spent £1000 rebuilding the POS).

I still can't get over that the chap I sold it to ran it for 3 years back & forth to Bridgend every day.

In other other news, I've just discovered that the ?vibernam? pyracantha spiky bush thing has collapsed in the wind blocking the garden path.

I may dig out the 500W lamp thing so I can chop it up in the dark.

https://www.mygarden.org/articles/py...%20versatility.

Duly chopped up & no longer blocking the garden path.

Whilst waiting for Fred Dibnah to appear, the usual UFO bollox on Blaze is passing some time: "Ancient Alien Researchers believe" almost fecking anything it would seem, the less likely the better.

Currently it's the "universal mind" theory of human inventions.

Ah, the "genius" Jobs was influenced by the Ancient Aliens to bring out the IpHONE.

Most sensible suggestion in the whole programme.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 November 2021, 18:50.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X