• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See that bulletproof dress hanging from the clothesline
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

See the medical chart with the random zig-zag

Comment

Now I'll help it decide

Comment

I palindrome I (I palindrome I) - om!

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Crouch Recovery low loader driver wasn't Marta. I got a look at them when they were round the back fiddling with the bus's engine compartment, and it was some bloke in orange hi-vis and a beanie

Meanwhile, tonight's major motion picture premiere was Finch (2021) which seems to be the second film starring Tom Hanks that was intended for a cinema release but didn't get it because of the pandemic and ended up being bought by Apple TV+ instead (the first being Greyhound). As far as I'm aware, Tom Hanks hasn't bitched and whined about this in loads of interviews, unlike some people who have so bitched and whined but whose films may not, in fact, have deserved the attention gained by such bitching and whining. I was a bit unsure of this one to start with because "the robot is cute but a bit stupid ha ha" can be a lazy plot device and usually is. But I ended up liking it. If you have Apple TV+ and you're a bit of a softy really, you probably will too

And then some hardcore robots in The Matrix Revolutions (2003). They could cut the first twenty-odd minutes of this because it's mainly running-around-the-ceiling-with-two-guns and dancing-to-techno-in-PVC-and-slow-motion, presumably to remind us of what the previous two films were about. But the rest of it is good enough

And finally I thought I'd watch another episode of The Americans but that final season is so damn good that I ended up watching all of the rest of it and now it's tomorrow and the slow cooker is doing a damn fine job and I'm not going to sort out all those IMDb links now so I'll do them later

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 7 November 2021, 08:43.

Comment

Dreadful night's sleep following the jab, much as I expected. .

Thank feck for electric blankets. <- me under the blanket & duvet.

Morning.

No current precipitation.

Sunnyish.

Chilly at 15.8 deg in here.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 766.5 Torr, 68% RH.

Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Following today's idiocy of going out to Tesco, filling the trolley, then finding I'd forgotten the wallet again.

At least Tesco is closer than B&Q was the other day.

This is becoming concerning.

Happily, the nice lady in Tesco who I talk to about her cat kept my trolley safe while I went home to get the wallet.

Lunch: roast chicken & sausages, some stewed plums & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Pleasant enough.

Tea: the remaining sausage from lunch in a sandwich with brown sauce*, Heinz tomato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Doctor Who E2: still no idea wtf is going on. Should have turned the subtitles on again since the dialogue was almost incomprehensible in parts even with the volume cranked up to three quarters (i.e. deafening on any other channel).

The Lady with the Lamp did not feature.

Escape to the Chateau with the sound turned off due to lack of innerest.

Bit of Dr Pimplepopper.

A Few Dollars More: stone me it's been a while since I saw it in the cinema.

*The very brown sauce I threw away yesterday since it was A Funny Colour.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 November 2021, 19:54.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Son couldn't make it to the village bonfire last night so I thought, sod it, I'll go on me own, bound to be some people there I know. What was I thinking of? It was far too dark to find anyone in the crowd. Senile! Should have stayed at home and watched from my bedroom window with my little puppet parrot.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, stiff breeze, dry. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 later. Slight chance of a shower this morning.

The wind was blowing a right hoolie about 0530, waking me up.

Today's fact, not from the Kantar diary, is:
                    It becomes illegal for women in Paris to wear trousers without a Police permit (annulled 2013) 1800

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's been a moderately sunny afternoon in parts. Currently only 10°C though; barometers slightly up at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Working...
                      X