• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Purely coincidentally, I awoke, unbidden, at 05:29 and returned to sleep with odd dreams.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 15.5 deg.

996.5 mBar, 29.43 in Hg, 747.4 Torr, 69% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Oh, the relief: dark, dank, dreary, dreadful, sunless & pissing down now.

Normal service has been resumed.

Sun came out, walk (unabbreviated) got walked.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customrs thing, NZ Border Patrol: lots of Vietnamese and Chinese food confiscated, along with a shedload of cigarettes, and what appeared to be a leg of smoked ham (Parma?) which got binned, and a smaller parcel of cheese (parmesan) that was returned to sender.

There's a 2 kg limit on cheese apparently, & the ham was persona non grata whatever, must have cost a small fortune being a whole leg.

Oh, not as much as I'd imagined unless it was that Spanish oak fed stuff which is seriously (£900) pricey.

Some minor potching in the shed.

It's cold out there despite the sun.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I'd have soe battered haddock or cod, just for a change, but they don't seem to stock it any more.

Entertainment: Discovering Elizabeth Taylor: stone me, she got married a lot.

Quantum Leap S1 E7: the one about a black chap in 1955's Alabama.

Joy of Painting: didn't quite achieve the for this one.

The Rookie: S1 E something or other: barely adequate.

Some nonsense on Blaze about, you guessed it: UFOs.

Well it makes a change from the Oak Island nutjobs: the UFO nutjobs are clearly certifiable rather than just rich & obsessed with a fecking hole in the ground they enjoy pouring money into.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 November 2021, 22:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright sunny day out

Bit chilly though; currently 7°C with a chance of hitting 11° briefly this afternoon, no rain predicted, barometers up again at 990/998mB

Comment

Vetran's Bachelor chow for breakfast. Not my recipe but I was inspired.

https://www.instructables.com/Futura...ce-of-Pure-Fl/

No beans but added, ham, eggs, chives spring onions and no cheese (diet) absolutely delicious.

Now on the regular menu.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Off to arty class, late as usual. Neighbour's cat trespassing in my house again this morning.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Leighton came to say hello this morning. I was on a conf call at the time, so only just downloaded it...

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Going through this security form. Whoever designed it clearly has absolutely no idea how contractors work, what the definition of self-employed is, or that companies don't last forever

But I've found out that the clients I commuted to Cambridgeshire for between 2016 and 2018 have been bought out, then the buyer was bought out, and so on for at least three cycles; and the only chap there who could have acted as a referee for me moved on several years ago and I have no way of contacting him

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Going through this security form. Whoever designed it clearly has absolutely no idea how contractors work, what the definition of self-employed is, or that companies don't last forever

But I've found out that the clients I commuted to Cambridgeshire for between 2016 and 2018 have been bought out, then the buyer was bought out, and so on for at least three cycles; and the only chap there who could have acted as a referee for me moved on several years ago and I have no way of contacting him
                So we end up with the my story - I could be bothered to give you the actual details but here are the agents I used and the contact details of the University Professor (i.e. a person that meets your definition of a professional person) down the road who is used to confirming I've not been to jail.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

So we end up with the my story - I could be bothered to give you the actual details but here are the agents I used and the contact details of the University Professor (i.e. a person that meets your definition of a professional person) down the road who is used to confirming I've not been to jail.
                  Turned out it was OK to use the manager from the consultancy for the just-ended gig, as they aren't sponsoring me for clearance - the department is doing that

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Bit chilly out there this evening - 5°C is the official figure at the moment. But my new coat turns out to be lovely and warm

Lunch, by the way, was herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread; I neglected to record it as the email about the forms turned up around that time, so I ended up reading most of the SC sticky in Business/Contracts along with various other useful resources found online, just to prepare myself

Comment

And I just realised I meant to put the mundane laundry on but forgot because of the dreaded forms, so that's on now. Just a quick wash needed this time anyway, so it'll be done soon

Comment

Working...
                      X