• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing something easier today - as I've only got to 12 then it's a family funeral for the rest of the day.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Dire.

Wet. Very Wet. Very very very wet.

Surprisingly no rivers of water in the gutters in the road.

Sunless.

Chilly at 17.1 deg in here.

990 mBar, 29.3 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 73% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk walked in the surprising lack of precipitation.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and duly iRoned, now airing on the picture rail in the back bedroom.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the TD and airing over the banisters.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: complete lack of Chinese "food", replete with Chinese hookers, and a Chinese chap with $1600 of undeclared tobacco hidden in tea.

Trip to town in the sunshine to purchase the stuff I forgot on Sunday, including, on impulse, some "Pink Stuff" from Wilko, and some socks from M&S (first time I've been in there for 18 months or more).

All purchases duly washed dried dusted sanitised & put away.

In other news, the jeans and the ancient cords are in the WM since I thought it was about time they graced it again.

Jeans & cords out of the WM & into the TD.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, a yog x 2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea: a moderately meh tea to be honest.

Entertainment: Discovering Marilyn Monroe.

Quantum Leap S1 E5: How the Tess was won.

Possibly the Susan Calman thing.

Possibly the railway thing: the railway line from Canterbury to Folkstone.

The Quatermass Experiment is on Talking Pictures at 21:05.

Thing about MH370 on 5 select.

Some nonsense about 1970s pop crap on 5+1, most of which I've never heard or even heard of, though some seem vaguely familiar.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2021, 22:17.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a refreshing night's sleep - quite a bit of dreaming as I recall, but none of the unpleasant variety

The weather had apparently been no more than drizzly overnight, if my observations of the degree of moisture in the back yard as seen from the kitchen window were anything to go by. But my morning shower has apparently acted as a form of sympathetic magic for, emerging therefrom, I discovered that the outside was and is now doing likewise

Currently 14°C but it seems a bit breezy; barometers well down at 984/992mB. But the rain is predicted to stop for a while soon, so I may yet get to make my planned trip to the shops without getting too wet. We shall see
        Last edited by NickFitz; 29 October 2021, 09:07.

Comment

Sun's out!

Off to the shops, then

Comment

There was a bit of a shower while I had my Crunchy Nut CornflakesTM earlier but now the sun has come out and things are drying up.

Comment

Sainsbury's done

And lunch has been a couple of Southern not-fried chicken thighs from the hot food counter

Starting to cloud over a bit more outside now, so it looks like I timed it all just right for a change

Comment

Bed stripped and left to air, but will I remember to make it again before bedtime? Only time will tell…

Comment

After a burst of frenzied activity in the kitchen, I have a Dundee cake in the oven

I've never tried making one of these before, so who knows how it will turn out. I'm using my mother's recipe, which usually works well for her; but she has decades of baking under her belt. She's also been known to examine a Dundee cake fresh out of the oven, deem that it's not good enough, throw it straight in the bin, and start all over again from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    After a burst of frenzied activity in the kitchen, I have a Dundee cake in the oven

I've never tried making one of these before, so who knows how it will turn out. I'm using my mother's recipe, which usually works well for her; but she has decades of baking under her belt. She's also been known to examine a Dundee cake fresh out of the oven, deem that it's not good enough, throw it straight in the bin, and start all over again from scratch
                    I've done that before - I am never making carrot cake again after binning three attempts trying to make something gluten free.

Comment

Bottled my first attempts at Devon cider and mirabelle wine. 6 bottles of cider, 4 of wine. Must be close to quitting time...
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X