• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goooood Moooooorning Vietnaaaaaam!
    Goodnight, Seattle

Lots of bleedin' scam, emails and phone calls recently. Bah!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Roast beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Roast beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch
        Soup and toast here, between meetings
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Teapot activated

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Incorporating a trip to the Amazon Locker at the end as, whilst walking, I was notified that my new toy had been delivered: a hand coffee grinder

For years I've been using the "spice mill" attachment of my parents' old liquidiser for this task, but it's rather loud and, the coffee experts say, blades aren't good for grinding beans. I doubt I'll ever notice the difference TBH, not being a connoisseur, but a couple of minutes burr-grinding beans in the morning seems worth a try for a bit, just in case it does make any difference

And it was only cheap so I can always go back to the noisy method if I get fed up of cranking the handle

Comment

Ambulance on blues stuck outside because of football traffic

Comment

Busy day at the coal face. My macro is now done and working well. Just need to copy it and make a second for another file that's in a slightly different format.

It's more than one line of code so that means I've not yet achieved my goal of replacing myself with a single line macro.

Comment

Tea has been M&S Old English sausages with chips and beans. Very nice

Not sure how old the sausages were; they seem to have been cluttering the freezer forever. I probably got them around the time of my second covid jab in April, as I came home via M&S that day

Comment

Dinner was packet Lasagne

ents - hamburger hill - well worth a watch. + 2 episodes of Highway to heaven corny but good.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Telly was another episode of The Repair Shop, followed by the remaining two episodes of A House Through Time

The last of these surprised me with a mention of one of the books of Dr. Israel Regardie, a number of whose works grace my shelves - he was a practitioner of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's system of magic and, indeed, is largely responsible for our modern knowledge of the order's practices. Turns out he once knew a couple of Theosophists who lived in the house in question. And that led on to an explanation of certain aspects of Theosophy by Dr. Fern Riddell, which was another surprise as she's the historian I mentioned earlier in the year:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      One for the list of things I didn't expect to be doing today: helping a historian who was trying to confirm the story of Samuel Pepys secretly knocking one out whilst attending chapel in the presence of the Queen on Christmas Eve 1667, by photographing the relevant page in his diary and tweeting it to her
                      Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X