• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm expecting the call (or text, probably) from the GP any day now
    Booked mine in boots when someone mentioned it back in July and was surprised that I'm no so old they are free.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Booked mine in boots when someone mentioned it back in July and was surprised that I'm no so old they are free.
      Nice lady at the Doctors booked me for last Saturday. In & out in 2 minutes pretty organised.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Watched "Who Needs Enemies" nice workman like Brit Gangster movie.

Seat 25 - slightly ahead of its time a woman wins seat 25 on the ship to Mars. not so much sci fi as a soap about being in a sci fi situation. Raised some good points.
        started on 21 grams its one of those Pulp fiction copies with jumbled timelines. Too tiring to watch while multi tasking.

now on "51" a proper sci fi with shape shifting aliens. And Bruce Boxleitner (presumably escaped from Babylon 5) & John Shea (moonlighting from Mutant X).

Comment

Dinner was bake in the bag whole chicken with home baked baguettes.

Comment

Telly was the rest of the Lynette White thing - well, the rest of E1; two more to go, but I wasn't in the mood so I read for a bit.

And being tired after a busy, but ultimately rewarding, day, I am now getting a proper early night for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of a high, hazy overcast at the moment, and apparently it'll continue cloudy for much of the day, maybe brightening up towards evening. Currently 13°C with 20° on the cards, and the barometers are dropping at 1011/1019mB

I had a very good night's sleep; there were moderately weird dreams about something, but I can't remember what and they don't seem to have woken me, or not much

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 22 expected and cloud cover increasing as the day progresses. Barometer is down to 1021 mBar.

Heavy night's sleep, don't feel especially rested.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                After more than 170 years of trading, British travel company 'Thomas Cook' goes into liquidation 2019

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Misty.

Sunless.

Wet.

Cool at 18.5 deg in here.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.5 Torr, 73% RH.

Thursday.

Stayed grey until after lunch and I stayed knackered about as long.

Correlation is not causation.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: big yellow mofo spiders on heavy plant, assorted ingredients for making meth, some ketamine, and a credit card fraudster.

Two trips to B&Q this afternoon: the first one being sans wallet.

Caliper seems to be sticking on the Corolla which is irritating.

Went to buy some more shelf supports from Buyology only to find it wasn't there any more.

Tea: the last portion of chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Marlene Dietrich.

Joy of Painting. Om.

NCIS S3 E8 "Under Covers".

Bad Skin Clinic.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2021, 19:54.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My optician has emailed to say I'm due an eye test, so that's a good excuse for a walk up to the high street to make an appointment.

Comment

Morning all

Tree surgeons still here. Bigger views.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X