• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Three middle-aged nutters with placards are standing on the pavement just before the pedestrian crossing with placards, apparently seeking to convey their views to people on their way to the football. No idea what they're proselytising about, as the only placard I've been able to see just says "Time to stand up and be counted"

Possibly anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers. If so, let's hope a lorry mounts the pavement, then we can watch them use their Facebook-derived knowledge of medicine to treat their own injuries
    *BZZZZZZZ* repetition of "placards"

Comment

Finally remembered to make the Scotch broth, though I had to do it in the InstantPot rather than the slow cooker. Not that much of it either, as it wasn't a very big half-shoulder of lamb. But I daresay it'll be all right

Comment

The Ministry of Health have cleared us! We are free to leave the resort ... when the weekend curfew ends at 5 am Monday morning

Comment

The F&B manager has decided that 200 ml bottles of gin are not sufficient for our room mini bar and has brought us a full size bottle instead.

We also informed him that tomorrow we intend to conduct an 'experiment'. In the way that Italians offer affogato as a desert, with a hard version involving grappa, we have decided we want to try their delicious coconut sorbet with a light and dark rum (two conditions) with and without the espresso (two further conditions). We would have done that today but were too stuffed from lunch.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

The nutters have gone. It occurred to me that if they were Branch Covidians, I should have gone down and stood next to them wearing a mask while pretending to be part of their little group
              Best avoided in case the Feebs turn up in tanks to set them on fire.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese
                And very nice too

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The Ministry of Health have cleared us! We are free to leave the resort ... when the weekend curfew ends at 5 am Monday morning
                  Freedom!

The F&B manager has decided that 200 ml bottles of gin are not sufficient for our room mini bar and has brought us a full size bottle instead.
                  Even better!

Comment

We also informed him that tomorrow we intend to conduct an 'experiment'. In the way that Italians offer affogato as a desert, with a hard version involving grappa, we have decided we want to try their delicious coconut sorbet with a light and dark rum (two conditions) with and without the espresso (two further conditions). We would have done that today but were too stuffed from lunch.
                    Shocked. Shocked I tell you!

He says supping on scotch!
                    Last edited by vetran; 11 September 2021, 21:17.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Shocked. Shocked I tell you!

He says supping on scotch!
                      One does not drink scotch in the Grenadines. I'm only drinking gin because it's a by product of rum (ahem, honest) and I don't like things going to waste...
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 11 September 2021, 21:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X